If you’ve never cooked lobster before then it can seem intimidating, but the lobster itself is actually a very easy thing to cook. This lovely lobster salad with avocado and cucumber is also healthy, low-carb, and Paleo. And lobster adds a gourmet or special occasion vibe to any meal.
This recipe was developed and given to us by Chef Kristin Sollene, a rising star in the culinary world. She’s the Executive Chef of Bocca di Bacco, a boutique chain of modern Italian restaurants with five locations in New York City. She’s been a judge on the Food Network, Zagat named her one of their ’30 Best Under 30′ in 2013, and her specialty is lighter, fresh Italian cooking.
RECIPE: Lobster Salad with Cucumber and Avocado
1 1-lb lobster
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
1 minced garlic clove
Dash of freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Boil Lobster in a large pot for 8 minutes.
- Remove the Lobster from the boiling water and immediately place it into ice bowl of ice cold water.
- Remove the Lobster and twist off the tails removing the meat inside.
- Cut the shell in half and remove the remaining meat.
- Cut meat into 1\2” chunks, leaving the tails whole.
- Thinly slice your cucumber leaving the skin on.
- Peel and de-pit the avocado and cut into half moon slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley, minced garlic and ground pepper.
- Let the dressing sit for 30 minutes and whisk before serving.
- Reduce balsamic vinegar on high heat for 2-3 minutes, until consistency thickens.
- Place cucumber slices in circle in the middle of your plate.
- Add an inner circle of avocado slices and place lobster on top and topping off with the tails on top.
- Drizzle lemon vinaigrette on top and around.
- Finish it off with the balsamic reduction drizzled around the edge of the plate.
Get the easy, amazing recipe for summer-in-a-bowl gazpacho.Click here to read more