With thanks to Andrew Powell-Morse, the head of data analysis and editorial content at BestTickets.com, the following are some selected stats and numbers you’ll find in the 2nd Annual NFL Players Census.
1. Offensive Tackles Occupy the Top Spot for Average Height of NFL Positions
OTs average just under 6’6″. Second are tight ends at 6’4.5″. The shortest players are running backs, who average just under 5’11”.
2. The Heaviest Players are Nose Tackles, Topping the Scales at an Average of 322 Pounds
Second are offensive tackles at 315 and offensive guards at 314. The lightest players are cornerbacks at 194.
3. The Indianapolis Colts are the NFL’s Heaviest Team with an Average Weight of 256 Pounds
The Colts are three pounds heavier than their closest competitor, the Arizona Cardinals. Lightest team? The Cleveland Browns at 242.
4. The NFL’s Tallest Team is the Arizona Cardinals at 6’2.5″
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the shortest team at 6’1″.
5. More Than 2/3 (68 percent) of NFL Players are African-American
White players account for 27.7 percent of the NFL rosters.
6. There Are 6 Positions Where There Are More White Than Black Players
Those positions are center, placekicker, long snapper, punter, quarterback and tight end. Of the 175 cornerbacks in the league, 170 are black. At running back, 107 of the 120 players are African-American.
The Raiders were on the verge of tying the game in the final minute before Vince Wilfork's interception sealed it for New England.Click here to read more