Small slow cookers can help fulfill your cooking demands while taking up a minimal amount of space. The thought of eating cafeteria food at school or work can be daunting, especially when it’s on a regular basis. These small slow cookers offer enough space to make food for one to four people, including appetizers and main meals. You’ll find capacities ranging from as small as 1.5 quarts to 4 quarts and more. Some slow cookers also have extras such as a timer, indicator light, and programmable options.
1. Hamilton Beach Party Crock
The colorful Hamilton Beach Party Crock, also available in red and blue, features a 1.5 quart capacity and a durable cast iron construction. Choose between low, medium, and high settings for desired results. Highlights include a cordless warming stand and a sturdy cast aluminum knob. There’s even room inside the warming stand for a decorative candle. Its compact size makes this slow cooker ideal for appetizers as well as smaller dinners and desserts.
Price: $50.20 (16 percent off MSRP)
- Brightly colored exterior
- Ideal for parties and small gatherings
- Durable cast iron construction
- Tealight is more for decoration than keeping contents warm
- A few mention it can rust easily
- Decorative candle not included
2. RoadPro RPSL-350 1.5 Quart Slow Cooker
Its compact size and easy portability makes the RoadPro RPSL-350 1.5 Quart Slow Cooker a solid choice for dorm rooms as well as camping and RVs. Highlights include a stretch cord that goes over the glass lid to keep contents from spilling when traveling, along with easy grip handles. You can warm and cook food up to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. The stoneware crock can be removed and is dishwasher safe. This small slow cooker also has a 6-foot power cord.
Price: $29.99 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Stretch cord keeps contents secure
- Long power cord
- Warms and cooks food up to 170 degrees
- Doesn’t heat or cook food very quickly
- Metal parts can get very hot
- Some wish the lid was more secure
3. Proctor Silex 33015YA 1.5-Quart Round Slow Cooker
Both the pot and lid are dishwasher safe. The crock is also removable. A handy keep warm setting allows food to stay warm with minimal energy consumption. Other highlights include stay-cool handles for safe transportation, along with an adjustable temperature control dial. The lid knob is also designed to remain cool to the touch. Choose between low and high heat settings as well as a warming option.
- Removable crock and lid
- Adjustable temperature control
- Stay cool handles and knob
- Only comes in one color
- Short power cord
- A few complain of hot spots
4. Kitchen Selectives 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker
The compact Kitchen Selectives 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker is available in turquoise, green, and red, making it a fun and colorful addition to any college dorm or apartment. Features include a removable stoneware insert along with low and high heat settings. There’s also an off option for added convenience. The glass lid allows you to monitor your meal’s progress without removing the lid.
- Removable stoneware insert
- Off, low, and high heat settings
- Includes a glass lid
- Lacks a timer
- Exterior gets hot
- Several note it has hot spots
5. Cuisinart PSC-350 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
If you’re looking for a relatively small cooker, consider this 3.5-quart option. The ceramic pot is dishwasher safe, as is the lid. This slow cooker features a user-friendly touchpad control panel along with a 24-hour countdown timer. There are also four cooking modes to choose from. Nonslip rubber feet keep the slow cooker securely in place. Other features include stay-cool handles and included recipes to help you get started.
Price: $39.99 (64 percent off MSRP)
- 3.5-quart capacity
- Touchpad control panel
- Four cooking modes
- A few mention the materials feel cheap
- Some find that the suggested cooking times are too long
- Limited programming options
6. Crockpot 2.5-Quart Mini Casserole Crock Slow Cooker
This Crockpot 2.5-Quart Mini Casserole Crock Slow Cooker features enough cooking space for up to three people. It comes with low and high settings along with a keep warm function. Lid-mounted clips are included to prevent contents from spilling during transportation. The small slow cooker also has a removable lid and an oven-safe stoneware. Both the lid and stoneware are dishwasher safe.
Price: $36.52 (9 percent off MSRP)
- Cooking capacity up to three people
- Comes with lid-mounted clips
- Oven-safe stoneware
- No power light
- Some mention the capacity is smaller than expected
- Metal components can get very hot
7. Elite Gourmet MST-250XS 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker
The Elite Gourmet MST-250XS 1.5-Quart Slow Cooker features 120 watts of power along with handy low, high, and keep warm settings. It’s also equipped with a tempered clear glass lid so that you can keep an eye on your meal as it cooks. Cool-touch knobs and handles allow for safe transportation, even when the slow cooker is still hot. Its stainless steel exterior gives this slow cooker an upscale appearance despite its affordable price tag. A convenient power indicator lights up when the appliance is on.
- Stainless steel exterior
- Cool-touch handles and knobs
- Comes with a tempered glass lid
- Short power cord
- A few mention food can burn on the highest temperature setting
- Can take awhile to heat up food
8. Hamilton Beach 33249 Stay or Go Slow Cooker
This Hamilton Beach slow cooker features a 4 quart capacity. A capacity of this size is optimal for smaller roasts and enough appetizers for a crowd. It also comes with low, high, and keep warm settings. Both the stoneware and lid are dishwasher safe, making cleanup that much quicker. Other features include full-grip handles and clips on the sides of the lid to keep contents secure during transportation.
Price: $25.84 (16 percent off MSRP)
- Full-grip handles
- Lid clips
- Stoneware and lid are dishwasher safe
- No on/off indicator light
- Doesn’t have a timer
- Some mention the clips don’t fully secure the lid in place
9. VitaClay 2-in-1 Rice N Slow Cooker
The hallmark feature of this slow cooker is its natural clay pot. The clay pot offers optimal absorption and heat retention for delicious end results. It also has a low thermal conductivity. As an added bonus, the surface is naturally nonstick and comes without a chemical glaze. This combination rice cooker and slow cooker offers four settings as well as a programmable timer with a range from 30 minutes to 12 hours.
Price: $79.00 (21 percent off MSRP)
- Natural clay pot
- Combination rice and slow cooker
- Programmable timer
- Expensive replacement parts
- A few note that rice can stick to the pot surface
- Some say the clay pot retains odors
10. Crock-Pot 4-Quart Cook & Carry Oval Manual Slow Cooker
As its name suggests, this small slow cooker is designed for cooking food then transporting it. Features such as a removable stoneware insert and room to cook food for up to four people make this Crock-Pot a solid choice for college dorms, traveling, parties, and family gatherings. Both the insert and lid are dishwasher safe. Choose between low and high temperature settings along with a keep warm function for optimal results.
Price: $17.99 (28 percent off MSRP)
- Removable stoneware insert
- Dishwasher safe insert and lid
- Easy carry handles
- Some note the lid can be tough to latch
- Exterior can scratch easily
- Short power cord