When it comes time to transition your kiddo out of the bottle or off the breast, you want to make sure you find a BPA-free sippy cup that is safe, easy for them to hold and easy for YOU to clean. You may be surprised at how many different types of sippy cups are out there: there’s stainless steel, plastic; with or without handles; with or without a straw; with or without a sippy spout on the top. As with many products for babies and toddlers, when deciding which sippy cups to purchase, a lot will depend on what your kid’s particular preferences are. If your kiddo is still pretty young, you may want to grab a sippy with handles so they can easily grip it. If you are trying to avoid plastic altogether, stainless steel is probably your best option. And if you want something that’s closer to a “big kid” cup, then try one of the versions without the traditional sippy cup spout on top—there are two different versions on the list, and they’re both super popular with parents! You can rest assured that all of the sippy cups featured below are completely BPA free.
Since sippy cups come in at least two pieces, you’ll need a place to air them out after washing—check out our top 10 best baby bottle drying racks for a great option for your home. And don’t forget to check out our list of the top 10 best portable high chairs—you’ll be all set for summer travel!
I’ve put together a list of the top 10 best BPA-free sippy cups available. There are so many cool options out there, available at many different price points. Good luck finding one that works for you and that your little one loves!
1. Best Sippy Cups with Straws: Kid Basix Safe Sippy Cup & Straw Bottle (Set of Two)
The Kid Basix Safe Sippy Cup & Straw Bottle is a cool sippy cup product that is two cups in one: you can use it as a sippy cup with spout, or convert it to a straw cup for older kids. This set comes with two, so the price is pretty good, coming out to around eight bucks each. These sippy cups hold 11 ounces, a good amount of liquid, especially for on-the-go families. These cups include travel caps and plugs to keep them protected from dirt and germs while out and about.
This cup tends to leak if left on its side. It is somewhat difficult to clean—the plastic sleeves need to be removed before washing in the dishwasher, but they are somewhat difficult to remove. Some consumers have reported mold growing in the cap parts—you should be able to prevent mold by washing frequently with all parts disassembled and drying thoroughly. (Check out our top 10 best baby bottle drying racks for some great options.)
- Stainless steel is sturdy and safe
- Two-in-one sippy cup also works with straw
- Holds 11 ounces
- Includes travel cap and plug
- More expensive
- Drips if left on its side
- Mold can build up inside cap parts if not cleaned and dried frequently
- Need to remove plastic sleeve before washing but it is somewhat difficult
2. Cutest Sippy Cups for Girls: Philips Avent My Easy Sippy Cup (Set of Two)
The Philips Avent My Easy Sippy Cup is a great starter sippy cup for toddlers transitioning from the bottle. It has a soft silicone spout, which keeps your precious little one from getting hurt if she happens to fall while drinking. It also features a rippled body for easy gripping so toddlers can feed themselves their water, milk or juice. On the plus side for parents, these sippy cups are very inexpensive (under six dollars for a set of two) and easy to clean—they can go right in the dishwasher. The sippy cup has a one-piece built-in valve that prevents spills, and of course it is BPA free.
Some consumers report receiving cups that are different colors from the ones pictured in the product photo: for example, a red lid instead of the pink one pictured. Some consumers have reported the cups develop a plasticky taste after a few months of use. These sippy cups hold four and a half ounces each, which is a pretty small serving of liquids. Currently this product is an Amazon add-on item, so it will need to be ordered along with another item in order for it to ship.
- Easy to clean
- Cute pink and purple design for girls (or any kid who likes these colors)
- Soft silicone spout and rippled bottle for easy grip
- Amazon add-on item
- Colors of cups may not be as pictured in product photo
- Some consumers report a plastic taste to bottles after six-plus months of use
- Sippy cups hold just four and a half ounces each
3. Best Bite Proof Sippy Cups: Munchkin Click Lock Bite Proof Sippy Cup (Set of Two)
The Munchkin Click Lock Bite Proof Sippy Cup features a bite-proof spout for kids who like to chomp on their sippies. It’s inexpensive and dishwasher safe (top rack). The top locks onto the cup with an audible click, so you always know if the top is securely on. This set of two cups comes in five different color combos. The cup also features a grippy side for little hands to hold onto.
For some kiddos, trying to get liquid out of these spouts can be difficult and frustrating. Some parents have also reported that their little chompers managed to bite through the supposedly bite-proof spout—though Munchkin has good customer service and is usually good about replacing damaged tops. Finally, some consumers say that these sippy cups tend to leak if left on their sides. These cups are recommended for children ages nine months and older.
- Bite-proof spout
- Top locks in with an audible click
- Dishwasher safe
- Somewhat difficult for child to get liquid out of spout
- Tends to leak a little bit
- Some consumers say their kids are able to bite through the spout
- Some cracks and crevices for liquids to get stuck in
4. Cutest Sippy Cups for Boys: NUK Fashion Elephants Learner Cup in Boy Patterns
The NUK Fashion Elephants Learner Cup in Boy Patterns is an adorable training sippy cup that is perfect for babies and toddlers transitioning from the bottle or breast. It is recommended for ages six months and up. This cup comes in a cute blue elephant pattern and includes handles that are perfect for little hands to grip. This learner cup features a spill-proof soft spout that is designed to be easy on little gums. The spout flows easily to help kids with the transition. This sippy also has an air vent, which is designed to help reduce air swallowing—it truly is halfway between a toddler sippy and a baby bottle.
This cup is slightly more expensive than the average sippy, and it holds just five ounces at a time. Complaints include that the child must bite down to get liquid to flow, which means it’s not ideal for babies who are still nursing. Additionally, many consumers have noted that the spouts need to be replaced often since children tend to chew holes in them.
- Cute blue pattern
- Handles for little hands to grip
- Air vent to help reduce air swallowing
- Spill-proof soft spout is designed to be easy on little gums and flows easily
- More expensive
- Holds only five ounces
- Child must bite down to get liquid to flow, so not ideal for moms who are still nursing
- Spout needs to be replaced often because children tend to chew holes in it
5. Best Sippy Cups for Bigger Kids: Sassy Grow Up Cup (Set of Two)
The Sassy Grow Up Cup is a 360-degree sippy cup that allows your child to sip anywhere around the rim of the cup, no spout or straw required. Pediatric dentists prefer these types of sippy cups over spouted cups. The Sassy Grow Up Cup comes in a set of two nine-ounce cups for $11. It is designed to be leak-proof and spill-proof with a single silicone valve.
Some consumers have noted that the cup does tend to leak a little, especially if it’s left on its side. The sippy cup can be somewhat confusing for kids to learn how to use, especially if they are used to a bottle or a traditional sippy cup with a spout. Consumers report that mold tends to develop in between the pieces of the lid if you don’t disassemble it and wash frequently. Additionally, the design on the cups tends to rub off over time. This cup is recommended for children ages 12 months and up.
- Leak-proof/spill-proof with silicone valve
- 360-sip design—sip anywhere around the rim of cup
- Pediatric dentist preferred over spouted cup
- Large nine-ounce capacity per cup
- Somewhat confusing for kids who are used to traditional sippy cups
- Mold can develop in between pieces if you don’t disassemble and wash frequently
- Design on cup tends to rub off over time
- Tends to leak a little, especially if left on side
6. Best Bargain Sippy Cups: Gerber Graduates Fun Grips Hard Spout Sippy Cup (Set of Two)
The Gerber Graduates Fun Grips Hard Spout Sippy Cup comes in a set of two for the bargain price of $4.47. Consumers report that these cups are easy to clean and easy for children to grip. They have an hourglass shape, which prevents tipping, though some consumers are annoyed that this means they do not fit in standard-size cup holders. This sippy cup features a personalization area for the parent to write the child’s name, or to place a sticker with their name on it, which makes these a great contender for day care or preschool.
Some consumers have noted that their kids get frustrated with the slow flow that the leak-proof valve provides; others report some leaking. Finally, several consumers have noted that they received different color cups than what was pictured in the product photo. This product is currently an Amazon add-on item. It is recommended for children six months and up.
Price: $4.47 (22 percent off MSRP)
- Easy to clean
- Easy for child to grip
- Personalization area for child’s name
- Amazon add-on item
- Has a slow flow
- Cups don’t fit in standard-size cup holders
- Some consumers report receiving different colors than those pictured in the product photo
Find more Gerber Graduates Fun Grips Hard Spout Sippy Cup (Set of Two) information and reviews here.
7. Best Sippy Cup for Younger Toddlers: Philips Avent My Natural Trainer Cup (Stage One)
The Philips Avent My Natural Trainer Cup is an inexpensive training sippy cup that includes both a soft silicone spout and a fast flow soft silicone nipple so that baby can switch from one to the other while transitioning into drinking out of a sippy cup. This product is great for helping little ones learn to hold their own bottle/sippy cup, as it includes trainer handles with soft grips for the ease and comfort of the child. This set is compatible with many Philips Avent products, including the Philips Avent Natural bottle range, My Natural Trainer, My Penguin Sippy Cup, My Easy Sippy Cups, My Sip n Click Cups and My Twist n Sip Straw Cups.
Some parents have noted that the lids on this sippy cup are not compatible with the Philips Avent Classic bottle line, which can be frustrating. This cup has a capacity of five ounces. Some consumers have reported that the cup tends to leak, especially when using the sippy spout or when left on its side. This product is currently available only as an Amazon add-on product.
- Great for transitioning from bottle
- Includes soft silicone spout & fast flow soft silicone nipple
- Trainer handles with soft grips help baby hold onto cup more easily
- Amazon add-on item
- Small capacity, not great for older toddlers
- Sippy cup nipple tends to leak
- Lid not compatible Philips Avent Classic bottles
8. Most Creative Sippy Cups: Lollacup Sippy Cup
The Lollacup Sippy Cup is a fun, chicken-shaped sippy cup that was originally featured on Shark Tank. It comes in four fun colors and has handles for easy gripping. This unique sippy cup has a weighted straw that follows liquid wherever it is in the cup, which helps your child get every last drop of milk, water or juice. This product is simple to put together and take apart for cleaning, and it can go right on the top rack of the dishwasher.
Some consumers have noted that liquid can shoot out from the top of the cup unexpectedly, especially if you put a warm liquid in the cup, or if you put the cup with liquid into the fridge. This sippy cup isn’t leak proof and tends to leak if left on its side or knocked over. It doesn’t fit in standard-size cup holders. This product is more expensive than the average sippy cup, at $16. The Lollacup Sippy Cup holds 10 ounces of liquid.
- Adorable chicken design
- Handles for easy grip
- Weighted straw that follows liquid
- Simple to put together and take apart for cleaning
- Liquid can shoot out from top unexpectedly, especially if put in the fridge
- Leaks if left on side or knocked over
- Doesn’t fit standard-size cup holders
9. Best Stainless Steel Sippy Cups: THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Soft Spout Sippy Cup with Handles
The Thermos Foogo Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Soft Spout Sippy Cup with Handles is a stainless steel bottle with a soft silicone spout for a comfortable feel. The stainless steel means you don’t have to worry about any harmful chemicals from plastic, and it’s also very durable and long lasting. It is more expensive than the average sippy at $14.28. This sippy cup keeps liquid cold for six hours, so it’s perfect for transporting liquids that need to stay cool, such as milk. It has a two-valve system that helps prevent leaking.
Some parents have reported that liquid tends to pool in the spout, and it can leak from there, depending on how good your child is at getting the liquid out. Kids who like to chew can tear the spout, so watch out for little biters. This cup is heavier than plastic cups, so you might want to avoid giving it to younger children. Finally, mold tends to develop in the plastic lid pieces if you don’t disassemble and wash the parts frequently.
Price: $16.99 (11 percent off MSRP)
- Stainless steel is durable and safe
- Soft spout for comfortable feel
- Liquid stays cold for six hours
- Two-valve system helps prevent leaking
- Heavier than plastic sippy cups
- Liquid tends to pool in spout
- Kids who like to chew can tear spout
- Mold tends to develop if you do not disassemble and wash frequently
Find more THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Soft Spout Sippy Cup with Handles information and reviews here.
10. Best 360-Degree Sippy Cups: Munchkin Miracle 360 Sippy Cup (Set of Two)
The Munchkin Miracle 360 Sippy Cup is an affordable sippy cup that comes in a pack of two for just $7.67. It features a 360-degree drinking edge that eliminates spills and leaks. This product is 100% dishwasher safe and easy to clean, with no extra valves or parts. Please note that the lid should be disassembled, washed and air-dried frequently in order to avoid mold building up. This sippy cup automatically seals when the child stops drinking, which is a pretty cool feature. When our firstborn was little, we used these sippy cups exclusively. After going through a few other brands, we settled on these as our favorites.
For some kids, the fact that it has no spout or straw can be confusing—kids have to suck on the side to get the liquid out. Some consumers have reported that the silicone ring on top can break down over time, causing more leaks. When dropped, this sippy cup does tend to spill.
Price: $11.15 (14 percent off MSRP)
- 360-degree drinking edge eliminates spills
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean, with no extra valves or parts
- Automatically seals when child stops drinking
- No spout can be confusing for some kids
- Need to occasionally take lid apart and wash to avoid mold
- Silicone ring on top can break down over time
- Tends to spill when dropped
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.