Here are the top five tips/tricks/cheats you need to know for Mahjong Crimes.
1. Try to Earn the Three Star Awards
• You can get bonuses like extra coins and additional lives each time you earn three stars after completing a level. Bonuses will help you progress more quickly through the game. Earning three stars is the only way to get these bonuses and you can always replay a level until you earn all three.
2. Timed Levels: Match Tiles Fast
• After you begin a timed level, you’ll need to match the tiles as quickly as possible. Keep track of the timer and don’t forget to use the lightning power-up if you find yourself in a difficult spot. It eliminates multiple sets of matching tiles instantly and increases your chances of making progress in the game.
3. Non-Timed Levels: Keep an Eye on Your Combo Score
• When you begin a non-timed level, don’t forget to keep an eye on your combo score in the top left corner of the screen. Your goal is to make matches precisely and quickly. The higher your combo score, the better your chances of earning three stars. If you find yourself stuck, try using the magnifying glass power-up, which will give you a hint, or the eyeball power-up that will highlight some tiles that you can match.
4. Unravel the Mystery While You Play
• To solve the mystery at the heart of Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express, be sure to pay close attention to the story levels throughout the game. Story levels are noted with a bookmark in the level selection screen and are always preceded by a short scene that reveals new clues that will help bring you closer to solving the crime. HINT: if for any reason you simply want to play Mahjong, look for the skip button that will allow you to bypass the story scenes.
5. Use Power-Ups to Make Faster Progress
• Are you trapped on a level? If so, then don’t forget to use the four power-ups at the bottom of your screen. The lightning bolt power-up will remove five matching tiles. The eyeball power-up will highlight the sets of all available tiles you can match. The magnifying glass power-up will highlight one pair of matching tiles. The shuffle button will also rearrange all the tiles on your board.