Beaker bongs never go out of style. Their wide base adds stability and provides more space for water. Read on to discover the best beaker bongs available right now.
(We’ve included one super thick beaker bong, which would be a perfect gift for a clumsy friend who keeps breaking her best bong.)
||Price: $99.99 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $189.00 Shop now at Smoke Cartel||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $159.99 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $199.00 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $142.99 Shop now at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
1. Best Compact Classic: Grav 8″ Beaker BongPrice: $99.99Pros:
- Made by Grav Labs, an Austin-based company known for high-quality glass and classic yet modern designs
- 8 inches tall is a great compact height for passing with friends (or enjoying solo!)
- Ice catcher and splash guard
- Relatively expensive
- Clear glass may need to be cleaned more often (compared to colored glass)
- Some controversy about whether Grav pipes are made in USA or in China
This Grav 8″ Beaker Bong stands out because it’s a classic beaker design, in a friendly compact size.
Plus, it’s made by Grav Labs, which is known for making high-quality glass pipes with clean, modern designs.
This classic beaker design also includes a splash guard and geometric ice catcher.
I can personally vouch for the splashback protection of Grav Labs’ pipes. I received a free Grav pipe to test out, and discovered that their pipes really are designed for maximum water filtration with minimal splash.
At 8 inches tall, this is a nice compact size, perfect for solo or group seshes.
2. Most Indestructible Glass Bong: Tank Glass “Max” BongPrice: $189.00Pros:
- Virtually indestructible, thanks to 9 mm thick borosilicate glass
- Classic beaker design with extra large ice chamber
- 18 inches tall
- Expensive (but it may be the last bong you ever buy!)
- No additional percolators
- Not designed to be portable (or discreet)
This Tank Glass “Max” Bong stands out because of its unbelievable durability. This bong is virtually indestructible. (You can find videos of people dropping their Tank Glass bong from rooftops — and the bong, bouncing on concrete, stays intact.)
This durability results from their 9 mm thick borosilicate glass. (The next thickest bong on this list clocks in at 7 mm thick.)
This bong is 18 inches tall, making it one of the tallest bongs on this list. With a donut-shaped ice catcher, this height creates tons of room for extra ice cubes. (If you’re looking for the best ice bongs around, check out our guide!)
The ice catcher also doubles as a splash guard, according to happy customers.
Note: This is not a percolator bong. But customers love the simplicity of this classic bong design. Also, because the bong’s beaker base is so large, customers report that the extra water and ice filters and cools their hit plenty, without any additional percolator features needed.
It’s also difficult to tip this bong over, thanks to its wide beaker base.
Get ready to enjoy stress-free toking for years to come.
Find more Tank Glass "Max" Beaker Bong information and reviews here.
3. Most Beautiful: Marley Naturals Smoked Beaker Glass Water PipePrice: $159.99Pros:
- Gorgeous smoked glass meant to be displayed
- Made by Marley Natural, which has a focus on sustainability, including carbon offsets
- About 16" tall
- Marley Natural is the official company of Bob Marley's descendants
- Smoked glass won't look as dirty as clear glass, even after repeated use
- Carbon offsets don't necessarily equal sustainability (they simply make up for the carbon that was emitted in production)
- No additional percolator feature
The Marley Naturals Smoked Beaker Glass Water Pipe stands out because it’s gorgeous.
Marley Naturals is the official brand of the Bob Marley family. Their glass collection isn’t just beautiful to look at; it’s also sustainably produced, in keeping with the respect for nature that Bob Marley promoted during his lifetime.
Marley Naturals has partnered with climate action organization CO2Logic. They purchase carbon offsets to offset the emissions of their production facilities, helping to minimize their environmental footprint.
The downstem includes an eight-slit diffuser, helping to filter your hit through the water. The ice disk will help you cool down your hit even further. Plus, the extra-heavy base on this bong will help you avoid knocking it over.
Find more Marley Naturals Smoked Beaker Glass Water Pipe information and reviews here.
4. Best Option for Maximum Style Points: Jane West Cobalt Blue BeakerPrice: $199.00Pros:
- Polished blue glass looks amazing (even after repeated use -- unlike clear glass bongs, which display resin)
- Made in USA, as part of collaboration between Grav Labs and Jane West
- Includes 14.5mm bowl for smoking flower (in matching polished blue glass)
- 10 inches tall with 6-inch wide beaker base (great size for novice and advanced users alike)
- Unclear whether this bong can accomodate ice cubes
- With tinted glass, you don't see the neck filling up with smoke (which can make it hard to tell how much you're about to inhale)
- No additional percolation features
This Jane West Cobalt Blue Beaker stands out because it’s a beautiful piece of functional art. It was made in America, as part of a collaboration between Austin-based glass company Grav Labs, and Colorado-based cannabis icon Jane West.
Standing at 10 inches tall, it’s a manageable size that won’t overwhelm novice users. With a beaker base that’s six inches wide, it’s unlikely to be tipped over.
Unlike clear glass bongs, this model won’t look dirty immediately after use. The polished blue glass will continue to look stunning, even after multiple smoke seshes between cleanings. (Which is convenient, because the fixed downstem could make this harder to clean than bongs with removable downstems.)
The downstem also has a built-in diffuser, to maximize the bubbles percolating through the water in the beaker base.
This includes a matching blue male bowl for dried herb. (The downstem fits 14.5mm bowls, the most common size for bong attachments. So if you happen to break your blue glass bowl, you can easily replace it.)
It’s unclear whether the neck, which grows narrower near the mouthpiece, can fit ice cubes. (Some people prefer to use an ice bong, to cool down their hits.)
Find more Jane West Cobalt Blue Beaker information and reviews here.
5. Best German-Made Quality Option: EHLE Big Brother Beaker Ice BongPrice: $142.99Pros:
- Made by EHLE, a German company known for quality glass
- 35 centimeters tall (just over 13 inches)
- Diffuser downstem for added filtration in spacious water chamber
- Ice notches and plenty of room for tons of ice cubes
- Extra thick borosilicate glass (5mm)
- No percolator
- Made in Germany, which could lead to slower shipping time for customers in the US
- Clear glass shows dirt and resin immediately (requires more cleaning than tinted glass bongs)
The EHLE Big Brother Beaker Bong stands out because it’s made in Germany, by a company that’s been making glass instruments for decades. EHLE makes its products in small batches to guarantee quality and craftsmanship.
This bong clocks in at 35 cm tall. (Which is just over 13 inches tall, for those of us not using the metric system.)
The borosilicate glass is thicker than most bongs. (It’s 5mm thick, instead of the more common 3-4mm — but not quite as thick as the ultra thick beaker bong at the top of this list.)
It’s also less likely to get knocked over than a straight-tube bong of a similar height. The spacious beaker chamber makes its base more stable, while also providing room for more water for filtration than a straight-shot bong.
Its downstem has a diffuser, meaning tiny slits in the glass separate your hit into smaller bubbles, adding to the filtration power of the bong water.
The ice catcher provides plenty of room in the tube for ice cubes.
If you’re looking for a quality German-made well-crafted glass ice bong, this could be your best bet.
Find more EHLE Big Brother Beaker Ice Bong information and reviews here.