The best portable dab rig will change your life. Most avid dabbers agree: even the best dab rigs can be too bulky for travel.
Still want to dab at your next campfire, road trip, or date night? Read on to discover the best portable dab rigs available right now.
||Price: $250.00 Shop now at Smoke Cartel||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $69.00 Shop now at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $109.00 Shop now at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $103.96 Shop now at Dr. Dabber||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $50.00 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
1. Best Electric Dab Rig: Pulsar RöK Electric Dab RigPrice: $250.00Pros:
- Designed for dabbing your favorite concentrates AND vaporizing traditional herb
- No dab torch needed
- Includes coil-less quartz banger (you just swap out the coil when you want to switch from concentrates to flower)
- Three temperature settings
- 7 inches tall
- Not eligible for Smoke Cartel's "GlassGuard" (policy to ensure products against breakage)
- E-rigs are inherently more likely to need replacement pieces (more complex design than traditional oil rigs)
The Pulsar RöK Electric Dab Rig stands out because it’s one of the best electric dab rigs on the market. Unlike most electric oil rigs, it works just as well for vaporizing traditional dried herb, as well as dabbing all your favorite concentrates.
Electric rigs are perfect for the serious dabber — or anyone who doesn’t want to mess around with a dab torch.
(Love doing outdoor dabs, but live in a wildfire zone? This might be the best choice for you. Well, aside from moving your dab setup indoors.)
With this metal oil rig and the included USB charger, you can shelve your dab torch for good. Just charge this rig up, and choose from three voltage settings to achieve your desired dabbing temperature. Then engage the “dab trigger” and get ready to enjoy super easy, well-filtered dabs.
This oil rig’s variable settings also allow you to achieve “cold start” dabs. Cold start dabbing, also known as reverse dabbing, has been trending among dabbers who enjoy more flavorful, terpene-packed dabs. (You load the quartz banger before heating it up, instead of the other way around.)
This rig includes a showerhead disc percolator, which filters tars and resin out of your smoke without hampering the ease of your pull.
This rig comes with a coil-less quartz cup. That’s the secret to making it compatible with dried herb as well as concentrates. When you want to smoke flower, you just swap out your quartz coil for your ceramic coil. (Both are included with purchase.)
Customers also appreciate the solidity of this rig’s thick glass beaker base. (Everyone loves a classic beaker bong design.)
And at 7 inches tall, this rig is a perfect size for your next adventure.
2. Most Portable Glass Dab Rig: Blaze Glass Concentrate & Oil Recycler BubblerPrice: $69.00Pros:
- Compact, portable size (4.3" tall)
- Can be worn around your neck (in case of dabbing emergency)
- Recycler chamber recirculates water for cooled, smooth hits
- Diffuser breaks up smoke into smaller bubbles, enhancing filtration
- Affordable price, for the features included
- Purple glass accents
- Product description warns you not to heat glass dab nail from bottom
- Even if you're careful, your friends might position dab torch below nail (it will crack)
- You will probably need to replace the glass dab nail
- Some people aren't purple people (but there are other colors available0
- Made of glass, so you'll need to be careful with it
The Blaze Glass Concentrate & Oil Recycler Bubbler is one of the few glass dab rigs that’s actually designed to be portable. At 4.3 inches tall, this may be one of the smallest and most portable wax rigs available.
It was designed with the festival-goer in mind. It even includes an attachment, according to the product description, which makes it easy to wear around your neck at festivals.
Just imagine it. You could be the most prepared dabber at the entire festival. You could be in the crowd with a mini dab rig around your neck, offering intimate dabs to everyone around you. (Well, everyone who’s old enough. Obviously.)
What a great way to make new friends. And your new friends would all be receiving very well-filtered dabs, thanks to the rig’s recycler chamber.
Recycler chambers are a relatively recent innovation in bong and bubbler designs. They circulate water up into a second chamber, along with the bubbles of your hit. This means your smoke gets cooled down by the water a second time.
Like most cheaper rigs, this comes with a glass nail. Unlike many glass-nail manufacturers, this company actually warns users that the glass nail may break under intense heat (like, say, the heat provided by a dab torch).
The company cautions that you must, to avoid breaking your rig, heat the nail from the top. No Blaze Glass customers have complained about their glass nails breaking. (This is a common complaint among reviewers of most cheap dab rigs.) Maybe the company’s advice — to heat the nail only from the top — really does help extend the lifespan of their glass.
For such a tiny portable dab rig, this includes multiple features to help provide a smooth hit.
Before reaching the recycler chamber, your dab smoke has already been dispersed by the diffuser’s three inline holes. These in-line slits in the glass help create tons of bubbles, while also help filter and cool the hit.
This a lot of great features included in one of the tiniest, most portable glass dab rigs on the market. Now you just need your festival tickets. And your dab-loving friends. Time for some righteous mid-concert rips.
3. Best For The Rugged Traveler: PieceMaker Kube Silicone Dab RigPrice: $109.00Pros:
- Made from flexible, 100% BPA free, food grade silicone
- Safe to place it in the freezer, microwave, dishwasher
- Features PieceMakers' "high perc" technology (hexagonal diffusers that swirl smoke)
- Includes unique square-shaped quartz glasss banger
- Angled mouthpiece for laid-back toking
- Mouthpiece can be removed and packed inside cube for easy transport
- Very easy to clean
- Downstem is removable
- Comes in vibrant colors (including glow-in-the-dark options)
- Expensive for silicone piece
- More complex to assemble than pre-assembled dab rigs (see video)
- When joints are not glass-on-glass, can be more difficult to get airtight seal
This PieceMakers Kube Silicone Dab Rig is built to withstand anything you can throw at it. Literally. It’s made from BPA-free food grade silicone.
This flexible material, combined with its stainless steel bottom plate, makes it virtually unbreakable.
While silicone rigs are normally cheaply made, the engineers at PieceMakers thought of everything. They designed this for the dabber on the go — the traveling dabber who refuses to skimp on dabbing convenience and accessories.
The Kube includes a unique square-shaped quartz banger. (For more on why quartz bangers are awesome, check out our guide to the best dab nails.) This is an uncommon attention to detail. Many dab rigs come with a glass nail, which you then have to replace because glass dab nails break.
In one of the most innovative features, the base plate can be unscrewed, and everything you see extending from the dab rig — the banger, tool, and even the mouthpiece — can be stored inside the cube itself. (Check out the video below for a demo.) Just toss the Kube in your bag and you’re ready to go.
This comes in so many fun colors, including what looks like a rainbow sherbert swirl. You can also get one in a glow-in-the-dark color, so you can find it in the dark. It’s perfect for camping! Or maybe a late-night psychedelic black-light party.
Welcome to the future. It’s cubed. But definitely not square.
4. Best Portable Electric Dab Rig: Dr. Dabber BOOST E-RigPrice: $103.96Pros:
- Battery powered (battery included with purchase)
- Dab nail heats to desired temperature in 25 seconds
- Comes with dab nails in ceramic, quartz, and titanium, all included with purchase
- Cannot vaporize flower
- Dabbers on the move: You must remember to charge the battery
The Dr. Dabber BOOST E-Rig stands out because it’s a portable battery-powered electric dab rig — and it’s definitely one of the best dab rigs under $200.
Dr. Dabber has pioneered the concept of battery-powered portable e-rigs. Although this is entirely portable (and doesn’t even require a dab torch), it’s still designed to work with a domeless dab nail, similar to traditional tabletop dab rigs.
Similar to traditional dab rigs, it also filters your hit through water.
But unlike most dab rigs, it will only take 25 seconds to heat up your nail to your pre-selected temperature.
This comes with dab nails in all the optimal materials: titanium, quartz, and ceramic.
(Dr. Dabber doesn’t even bother sending you a glass dab nail, because, as most dabbers know, glass dab nails are inferior.)
This also doesn’t require a technology degree to figure it out. There’s only one button: you just press it, and get ready to enjoy flavorful dabs. (Or press it five times, to heat it to the higher temperature more suited to the quartz nail.)
It comes with the battery, and everything else you need to start dabbing immediately. (Except your cannabis concentrates.)
5. Best Nectar Collector: Elev8 Simple Dab Straw or Nectar Collector 2Price: $50.00Pros:
- Nectar collectors are probably the easiest, most portable way to dab your favorite concentrates
- Choice of material
- Limited information available
- Few reviews
- No water filtration in nectar collectors (may be harsher hits)
The Elev8 Simple Dab Straw or Nectar Collector 2 stands out because nectar collectors are designed to be an easy, affordable, portable way to dab your favorite concentrates.
Plus, this one comes in two easy-to-assemble pieces, so it’s even more portable than most nectar collectors.
When using a nectar collector, you heat the tip using your dab torch, then simply use it as a straw. This provides super flavorful hits!
Why do I want a mini portable dab rig?
Because you're a dabber with things to do, places to go, and people to see.
Dabbers know: the hustle is real. That's why we need dab rigs that work with our lifestyle.
Whether you're at a concert or on a raft trip, you MAY need a dab. That's why you need one of these rigs that are built to go wherever you do.
Disclaimer: Heavy Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs and may receive a commission if you purchase a product via a link on this page.