The best portable dab rig will be life-changing. Avid dabbers agree: even the best dab rigs can be too bulky for travel.
Still want to have a rig available at your next campfire, road trip, or date night? Read on to discover the best portable dab rigs available right now.
||Price: $190.00 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $103.96 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $50.00 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $109.00 Shop now at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $139.99 Shop now at DopeBoo||Shop now Read our review|
1. Best Electric Dab Rig: Pulsar RöK Electric Dab RigPrice: $190.00Pros:
- Designed for dabbing your favorite concentrates AND vaporizing traditional herb
- No dab torch needed
- Includes coil-less quartz banger (you just swap out the coil when you want to switch from concentrates to flower)
- Three temperature settings
- 7 inches tall
- E-rigs are inherently more likely to need replacement pieces (more complex design than traditional oil rigs)
- Unlike traditional rigs, e-rigs like this one do not filter hits through water
The Pulsar RöK Electric Dab Rig stands out because it’s one of the best electric dab rigs on the market. Unlike most electric oil rigs, it works just as well for vaporizing traditional dried herb, as well as dabbing all your favorite concentrates.
Electric rigs are perfect for the serious dabber — or anyone who doesn’t want to mess around with a dab torch.
(Love doing outdoor dabs, but live in a wildfire zone? This might be the best choice for you. Well, aside from moving your dab setup indoors.)
With this metal oil rig and the included USB charger, you can shelve your dab torch for good. Just charge this rig up, and choose from three voltage settings to achieve your desired dabbing temperature. Then engage the “dab trigger” and get ready to enjoy super easy, well-filtered dabs.
This oil rig’s variable settings also allow you to achieve “cold start” dabs. Cold start dabbing, also known as reverse dabbing, has been trending among dabbers who enjoy more flavorful, terpene-packed dabs. (You load the quartz banger before heating it up, instead of the other way around.)
This rig includes a showerhead disc percolator, which filters tars and resin out of your smoke without hampering the ease of your pull.
This rig comes with a coil-less quartz cup. That’s the secret to making it compatible with dried herb as well as concentrates. When you want to smoke flower, you just swap out your quartz coil for your ceramic coil. (Both are included with purchase.)
Customers also appreciate the solidity of this rig’s thick glass beaker base. (Everyone loves a classic beaker bong design.)
And at 7 inches tall, this rig is a perfect size for your next adventure.
2. Best Portable Electric Dab Rig: Dr. Dabber BOOST E-RigPrice: $103.96Pros:
- Battery powered (battery included with purchase)
- Dab nail heats to desired temperature in 25 seconds
- Comes with dab nails in ceramic, quartz, and titanium, all included with purchase
- Cannot vaporize flower
- Dabbers on the move: You must remember to charge the battery
The Dr. Dabber BOOST E-Rig stands out because it’s a portable battery-powered electric dab rig — and it’s definitely one of the best dab rigs under $200. Plus, it’s a portable vaporizer that uses water. (Mind: blown.)
Dr. Dabber has pioneered the concept of battery-powered portable e-rigs. Although this is entirely portable (and doesn’t even require a dab torch), it’s still designed to work with a domeless dab nail, similar to traditional tabletop dab rigs.
Similar to traditional dab rigs, it also filters your hit through water.
But unlike most dab rigs, it will only take 25 seconds to heat up your nail to your pre-selected temperature.
This also doesn’t require a technology degree to figure it out. There’s only one button: you just press it, and get ready to enjoy flavorful dabs. (Or press it five times, to heat it to the higher temperature more suited to the quartz nail.)
It comes with the battery, and everything else you need to start dabbing immediately. (Except your cannabis concentrates.)
3. Best Nectar Collector: Elev8 Simple Dab Straw or Nectar Collector 2Price: $50.00Pros:
- Nectar collectors are probably the easiest, most portable way to dab your favorite concentrates
- Choice of material
- Limited information available
- Few reviews
- No water filtration in nectar collectors (may be harsher hits)
The Elev8 Simple Dab Straw or Nectar Collector 2 stands out because nectar collectors are designed to be an easy, affordable, portable way to dab your favorite concentrates.
Plus, this one comes in two easy-to-assemble pieces, so it’s even more portable than most nectar collectors.
When using a nectar collector, you heat the tip using your dab torch, then simply use it as a straw. This provides super flavorful hits!
4. Best For The Rugged Traveler: PieceMaker Kube Silicone Dab RigPrice: $109.00Pros:
- Made from flexible, 100% BPA free, food grade silicone
- Safe to place it in the freezer, microwave, dishwasher
- Features PieceMakers' "high perc" technology (hexagonal diffusers that swirl smoke)
- Includes unique square-shaped quartz glasss banger
- Angled mouthpiece for laid-back toking
- Mouthpiece can be removed and packed inside cube for easy transport
- Very easy to clean
- Downstem is removable
- Comes in vibrant colors (including glow-in-the-dark options)
- Expensive for silicone piece
- More complex to assemble than pre-assembled dab rigs (see video)
- When joints are not glass-on-glass, can be more difficult to get airtight seal
This PieceMakers Kube Silicone Dab Rig is built to withstand anything you can throw at it. Literally. It’s made from BPA-free food grade silicone.
This flexible material, combined with its stainless steel bottom plate, makes it virtually unbreakable.
While silicone rigs are normally cheaply made, the engineers at PieceMakers thought of everything. They designed this for the dabber on the go — the traveling dabber who refuses to skimp on dabbing convenience and accessories.
The Kube includes a unique square-shaped quartz banger. (For more on why quartz bangers are awesome, check out our guide to the best dab nails.) This is an uncommon attention to detail. Many dab rigs come with a glass nail, which you then have to replace because glass dab nails break.
In one of the most innovative features, the base plate can be unscrewed, and everything you see extending from the dab rig — the banger, tool, and even the mouthpiece — can be stored inside the cube itself. (Check out the video below for a demo.) Just toss the Kube in your bag and you’re ready to go.
This comes in so many fun colors, including what looks like a rainbow sherbert swirl. You can also get one in a glow-in-the-dark color, so you can find it in the dark. It’s perfect for camping! Or maybe a late-night psychedelic black-light party.
Welcome to the future. It’s cubed. But definitely not square.
5. Snoop Dogg Pounds Spaceship Vapor BubblerPrice: $139.99Pros:
- Comes with quartz banger and dab tool
- Spaceship design unlikely to tip over
- 6.5" tall makes it perfectly portable, for the determined dabber
- Smaller than some other models
- Only comes in a few colors
- Compact size (6.5" tall) may not sufficiently highlight your Snoop Dogg fandom
This Snoop Dogg Spaceship Vapor Bubbler may stretch your definition of “portable” — but at 6.5 inches tall, you could definitely bring it on the road with you. Plus, its “spaceship” shape makes it unlikely to tip over.
And it comes with a quartz banger, a type of dab nail made from quartz crystal. It’s superior to a glass nail, which is likely to crack under the extreme heat of your dab torch. Not only is quartz more durable, but it’s also widely considered to provide the best flavor when dabbing.
This also comes with a glass nail, in case you need a less-reliable backup nail. It also comes with a vapor dome, which has convenient handles that also act as a roll stopper, for when you put it down on the table. Unlike most rigs on this list, it even comes with a dab tool — Snoop thought of everything.
This rig is great for the clumsy consumer. The wide foot makes it less likely to tip over than the next oil rig on this list. Plus, if you do knock it over, this Spaceship vapor bubbler is made from high-quality 5mm thick borosilicate glass. (Most glass bongs and bubblers are made from 3 or 4mm thick glass. If you’re extra clumsy, that extra mm could help you out.)
If you aren’t sold on this vapor bubbler already, it’s made by rapper Snoop Dogg’s Pounds line. Not only is Snoop a stoner icon, but he’s also a major player in cannabis investments across the globe. He’s raised millions for his cannabis venture capital firm, Casa Verde, and he has a cooking show with lifestyle guru Martha Stewart.
Snoop’s glassware brand, “Pounds,” was likely named for the rapper’s daily cannabis intake. But each glass piece also features a logo of a fist, ready to give you a fist-bump, or a “pound.” Classic Snoop. (There’s always a double meaning, with this nuanced wordsmith.) You can order yours with its fist in black, white, or green.
This is designed for use with waxy concentrates and oils. It is not designed for use with traditional herb. (A “vapor” bong or bubbler typically means a glass piece meant for vaporizing concentrates, not for smoking pot with a normal lighter.)Your dabs will be well-filtered, thanks to the showerhead percolator, which breaks up your hit into tiny bubbles. These tiny bubbles maximize the surface area of the smoke that will be filtered by the water.
With its bent-neck design, it’s perfect for kicking back, Snoop-style. At six inches tall, this Spaceship bubbler is the perfect compact dab rig to send you and your friends into outer space. It also makes a great gift for your favorite Snoop fan, thanks to the decorative packaging.
Why do I want a mini portable dab rig?
Because you're a dabber with things to do, places to go, and people to see.
Dabbers know: the hustle is real. That's why we need dab rigs that work with our lifestyle.
Whether you're at a concert or on a raft trip, you MAY need a dab. That's why you need one of these rigs that are built to go wherever you do.
Disclaimer: Heavy Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs and may receive a commission if you purchase a product via a link on this page.