RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION HEAVY.COM CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
ALLIANCE FILMS INC. (“Alliance Films”)
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest shall run from September 4th, 2012 to September 16th, 2012 inclusive (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received no later than 11:59pm (EST) on September 16th, 2012 after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
2. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering the “Resident Evil: Retribution Contest” (the “Contest”) and voluntarily providing your personal information (including, but not limited to e-mail address, first name, last name, address, city, province, gender, birthday and preferred language) (collectively “Registrant Information”) you consent to the Sponsors collection and use of the Registrant Information to administer this Contest.
For more information pertaining to Alliance’s privacy policies, please feel to email your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or visit http://www.alliancefilms.com/privacy.html
3. CONTEST PARTICIPATION: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by the Rules. In order to enter the Contest, and qualify for a chance to win the Prizes (as defined in Section 4 of the Rules) you may enter by visiting heavy.com and completing the entry form.
Only one qualifying ballot entry per email address will be accepted during the Contest Period. In the event it is discovered that any individual attempted to enter the Contest more than once all of that individual’s entries will be disqualified from this Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Entries that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules, are also void. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of three (3) Prizes is available to be won. The sizing of the prizes are predetermined.
• One (1) Men’s Jacket (Cartel) – The approximate retail value of the Prize is CAD$750.00.
• One (1) Women’s Jacket (Audrina) – The approximate retail value of the Prize is CAD $700.00
• One (1) Co-branded Res Evil Cap – The approximate retail value of the Prize is CAD $50.00
5. RANDOM DRAWS AND ODDS: A random draw of one (1) Prize Winner will take place on or about September 16th, 2012 from the eligible entries received, that have chosen the correct answer to the contest question.
The random draw will be carried out by Heavy. Within 48 hours from the time of the draw, the selected entrant for the Prize may be notified by an email to the e-mail address provided at the time of entry. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within 48 hours from the time of initial contact, an alternative entry may be selected until such time as a selected entrant satisfies the terms of this section. Once contacted, the selected entrant must, in order to be declared eligible to receive their Prize, as applicable:
a. comply with all Rules;
b. correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question (which will be administered at a pre-arranged time with the selected entrant) without the assistance of another person or mechanical device; and,
c. sign a standard declaration of compliance with the Rules, release and consent to publicity form (the “Consent”), which shall serve as the selected entrant’s agreement to release and indemnify the Sponsors and their respective parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies from any liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prizes. If the Sponsors do not receive a signed Consent back from the selected entrant within five days from the delivery of the Consent to the entrant, then such entrant shall forego any right or entitlement to the Prize and Alliance Films may draw another entrant’s name.
The odds of being selected in the random draw depend on the number of eligible entries received.
If the entrant has satisfied all of the above conditions, the Prize will be delivered to the address provided by the entrant on the consent within thirty days of receipt of the fully and correctly completed Consent.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Only residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) are eligible to participate in this Contest excluding the following:
(a) employees, officers, directors and shareholders of:
(i) the Sponsors; and
(ii) the Sponsors’ advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, media buying and promotional agencies, or a member of such person’s immediate family or household. In these Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, or legal or common-law spouse.
7. COMPLETE SET OF RULES: For an additional set of these Rules and/or the Prize winner’s name, send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: “Resident Evil Retribution Contest” c/o Alliance Films Inc., 145 King Street East, 3rd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 2Y7.
8. GENERAL RULES:
a. The Sponsors shall not be responsible or bear any liability for:
i. late-received, lost, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, incomplete, destroyed or misdirected entries;
ii. entries which fail to comply with the Rules; and,
iii. any failure of the heavy.com/ website during the Contest Period, including any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, human error, servers, access providers, computer equipment, printing errors, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, delayed or garbled data or transmission, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
b. The Sponsors accept no responsibility for losses, damages or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest.
c. The Sponsors reserves the right to cancel or suspend any portion of the Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of heavy.com/ corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
d. By participating in the Contest, the Prize winners agree that his/her name, residence, photograph, voice and/or image may be used in any and all forms of media, without any further compensation by the Sponsors and waives all rights (including moral rights) with respect to printed, broadcast and other forms of publicity. Written confirmation of the foregoing in the form of the Consent referred to above must be executed by each of the Prize winners and provided to the Sponsors prior to such winner being declared eligible to receive the Prize.
e. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and none will be returned.
f. All entries are subject to verification by the Sponsors and the Sponsors reserve the right to cancel and revoke any entries if they are found to be improper or if the entrant is subsequently found to be ineligible pursuant to the Rules.
g. In the event of unavailability of the stated Prize (or any portion thereof), the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
h. The Prizes are not transferable, not refundable, not redeemable for cash, will not be extended under any circumstances and must be accepted as offered. Any unused portions of the Prizes will be forfeited and will have no cash value. The Sponsors shall not be liable to the confirmed winner of the Prizes for any guarantee, warranty, condition or representation, express or implied, relating to the Prizes, including without limitation, its quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
i. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors in awarding the Prizes, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants. Failure to comply with the Rules may void an entrant’s rights vis a vis the awarding of the Prizes. Interpretation of the Rules by the Sponsors shall be final. Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and the Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost damaged or misdirected Prizes. Each selected entrant must be willing to accept delivery of the Prizes upon the Sponsors terms and designated delivery times.
j. The Sponsors may terminate the Contest at anytime and may amend the Rules or administration of this Contest without notice in the Sponsors sole discretion in any commercially reasonable manner.
k. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Selected entrants may be required to provide Alliance with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
l. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.