While you probably don’t need to wear weight lifting straps for all of your training, there are certainly moments when they come in handy. In particular, when you are lifting heavier weights and need a better grip and support. And certainly if you’re a bodybuilder or are into deadlifts, shrugs, and rows, to name a few. So it’s always a good idea to invest in a pair of weight lifting straps.
If you’ve never used them before, it’s a pretty easy process. Simple slide your hands through the wrist hole and wrap the strap around the bar. Two to three times will probably do the trick. Wrap it tightly so you can get a secure grip. Then you’re ready to lift.
So keep reading to see some of the most popular and highest rated lifting straps available today.
Note: the following list is in no particular order
1. Lifting Wrist Straps by Rip Toned
The Lifting Wrist Straps by Rip Toned are some of the most popular on the market for a reason. Made of cotton and featuring neoprene padding, the “no slip grip” straps are not only soft and comfortable, but extremely durable, a much-needed characteristics for those extra heavy lifts. Endorsed by 2014 World Champion Powerlifter Kevin Weiss, the pair also comes with an E-Book, which supplies instructions on how to use the straps as well as exercise and diet guides. Machine washable, the straps are unisex, available in 10 different colors, and come with a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.
Price: $9.97 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Neoprene padded with a no-slip grip
- Endorsed by 2014 World Champion Powerlifter Kevin Weiss
- Unisex & available in 10 different colors
- Includes an E-Book featuring instructions and exercise/diet guides
- Some users felt the neoprene pad was uncomfortable/unncessary
- Some users felt they frayed a little too quickly
2. Lifting Straps — Weightlifting Hand Bar Wrist Support Hook Wraps by Anvil Fitness
Anvil Fitness is one of the leaders in weightlifting equipment and their lifting straps are some of the highest rated among users. Made of a durable material, the straps also feature a 5mm thick neoprene padding, which not only adds extra comfort, but also helps cut down on bruising and other ailments that can occur with heavier lifting. Long enough to wrap around the bar up to 3 times, the straps are one-size-fits-most and are built to last, even through those heavy-duty lifting sessions. The pair of straps comes with a 100 percent money back guarantee.
- Has integrated 5mm neoprene pad for cushion
- Lifting hooks are long enough for 2-3 wraps around the bar
- 100 percent money back guarantee
- Some users experienced durability issues with the straps
- Some users felt the padding wasn’t effective
Find more Lifting Straps — Weightlifting Hand Bar Wrist Support Hook Wraps by Anvil Fitness information and reviews here.
3. Premium Cotton Lifting Straps by 321 Strong
321 Strong packs a big-time bundle for a little price. Now under $10, along with the pair of straps you’ll get a carrying case with a zipper, an instructional E-Book, and a 100 percent lifetime warranty. The straps themselves are made of soft, yet durable, cotton and measure 24 inches in length, long enough to get wrapped around the bar a few times for extra support. They also feature an 8 inch neoprene pad in the wrist area for maximum comfort and to help prevent injury. The straps are machine washable and suitable for both men and women.
Price: $7.99 (53 percent off MSRP)
- Soft wrist padding is 8 inches long
- Straps measure 24 inches long
- Comes with zippered vinyl carrying case
- Users with smaller wrists felt the foam padding made it difficult to get a tight fit
- Some users felt the cotton construction wasn’t as durable
4. Weightlifting Leather Suede Lifting Wrist Straps Bundle by Dark Iron Fitness
The first pair of straps made of suede leather come from Dark Iron Fitness. Measuring 22 inches long, each has reinforced stitching along the entire strap and a neoprene padding in the wrist for added comfort and protection. Suede also tends to give more traction and less slip than cotton. And Dark Iron supplies some numbers; they’ve tested the straps up to 450 pound lifts without them breaking. Strong people over there. With leather you’re going to pay a little bit more than cotton straps, but Dark Iron Fitness offers a lifetime replacement if you register your original pair.
- Made of heavy-duty, durable suede leather
- Neoprene padding for added comfort
- Can easily handle lifts over 400 pounds without breaking
- A little pricier than most on this list
- Some users felt the stitching wasn’t very good and led to tearing
Find more Weightlifting Leather Suede Lifting Wrist Straps Bundle by Dark Iron Fitness information and reviews here.
5. Meister Neoprene-Padded No-Slip Weight Lifting Straps for Grip (Pair)
Meister specializes in all training equipment in types of forms — boxing, MMA, and weightlifting, to name a few. And their Neoprene-Padded No-Slip Weight Lifting Straps come highly-rated among users. The strap itself, which measures 23 inches long, is billed as “no-slip” thanks to the ridged woven cotton design. As for comfort, they feature an oversized neoprene pad in the wrist area which will help alleviate stress and strain. Also, you don’t have to settle on one color as they are available in 7 different styles — Black, Blue, Orange, Pink, Red (pictured above), Urban Camo, and White.
- Extra large neoprene padding for added comfort
- Strap has no-slip ridged woven cotton
- Available in 7 different colors
- Some users felt the straps are too thin
- Some users felt the foam padding was too large for their wrist
Find more Meister Neoprene-Padded No-Slip Weight Lifting Straps for Grip (Pair) information and reviews here.
6. Harbinger Padded Cotton Lifting Straps with NeoTek Cushioned Wrist (Pair)
As one of the most trusted brands in weight training equipment, Harbinger’s lifting straps feature 5mm Neotek pad cushions on the wrists for maximum comfort and protection for those heavy lifts. Measuring 21.5 inches, each strap has merrowed end to prevent the always-annoying fraying and strong stitching to ensure long-lasting durability. And the 1.5 inch width helps improve grip and contact with the bar. The straps are shown above in Black, but they’re also available in Pink.
- Neotek pad cushions wrists
- Merrowed end tabs prevent fraying
- Harbinger is one of the most trusted names in weightlifting equipment
- Some users might feel the straps are too short at 21.5 inches
- Some users felt the padding area was uncomfortable
Find more Harbinger Padded Cotton Lifting Straps with NeoTek Cushioned Wrist (Pair) information and reviews here.
7. Lifting Straps (2 Pairs/4 Straps) by Nordic
Nordic Lifting gives you two pair (four total straps) for just a little over $15. Each measures an extra long 23 inches and 1.5 inches wide, providing plenty of fabric to get a secure grip on those heavier lifts. Made of heavy duty cotton, the straps also feature neoprene padding for extra comfort and are built to last through the toughest workouts. Available in multiple colors — Black/Yellow (pictured), Aqua Blue & Camo Grey, Black & Red/Black & Orange — the straps are unisex and come with a 1-year replacement guarantee.
Price: $16.97 (43 percent off MSRP)
- Neoprene padding for added comfort
- Extra long 23 inch straps
- You get 2 pair (4 straps)
- Some users felt the padding made it difficult to get a tight wrap around the bar
- Some users felt the padded cushion wasn’t durable and fell apart quickly
8. Olympic Lifting Wrist Straps by Stoic
Going off the path a bit from what we’ve seen so far are the Olympic Lifting Wrist Straps from Stoic. Unlike the straps listed above, these are much shorter, hence, easier to setup and release. Simply wrap the strap, which is made of durable genuine leather (3mm thick), around the bar once and you’re ready to lift. Too heavy? Just let go, the straps will release and the bar will fall to the ground. They promote you to use a stronger grip, which will maximize effort for a better workout. These straps also distribute the weight to your hands rather than to your wrists. They come complete with a 100 percent money back guarantee.
Price: $19.77 (20 percent off MSRP)
- Distributes weight to the hand rather than the wrist
- Made of heavy duty genuine leather
- 100 percent money back guarantee
- Some users might not like the shorter strap (about 3.25 inches compares to 20+ on typical straps)
- Pricier than most on this list
9. RitFit Lifting Straps
The unique feature of the RitFit Lifting Straps is the extra wrist protection they offer. You know how much pressure can be put on your wrist during heavy lifting, so RitFit has come up with an ergonomic design and added extra padding to alleviate some of the stress. The neoprene foam pad measures 7.1 inches long by 3.2 inches wide, while the pad thickness is 6.55mm. The strap themselves are billed as “anti-slip” and are long enough to get wrapped around the bar about three times. RitFit also includes a 100 percent money back guarantee.
Price: $12.99 (35 percent off MSRP)
- Adds extra protection to the wrist (6.55mm thick neoprene)
- Anti-slip heavy duty straps
- 100 percent money back guarantee
- Some users might find the wrist protector a little uncomfortable
- Some users felt they were too bulky
10. Harbinger Big Grip No-Slip Nylon Lifting Straps with DuraGrip (Pair)
Harbinger’s second strap on this list is their Big Grip model. It is highlighted by a cushioned Neotek wrist pad for added comfort and protection on heavier lifts and. The Big Grip is made of durable nylon and features “Dura Grip” rubber for extra strength, which also prevents the strap from slipping off the bar. Make sure the Dura Grip side always faces the bar. Each strap measures 21.5 inches. This strap is available in 3 different models — Original, Padded (shown above), and Pro.
If you like this style with the protective wrist pads, but not this model in particular, check out the Schiek Power Lifting Straps here.
Price: $12.99 for the Big Grip Original
$11.89 (8 percent off MSRP) for the Big Grip Padded, which is pictured above
$13.35 for the Big Grip Pro
- Available in 3 models — Original, Padded, and Pro
- Neotek wrist pad cushions the wrist
- “Dura-Grip” rubber strips prevent slipping
- Some users felt they were a bit uncomfortable
- Some might not prefer a padded strap as they could be too bulky
Find more Harbinger Big Grip No-Slip Nylon Lifting Straps with DuraGrip (Pair) information and reviews here.
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.