With Week 4 of the Alliance of American Football underway, Saturday’s action wraps up with a game between the Orlando Apollos and Salt Lake Stallions. While the Apollos enter this matchup with an impressive 3-0 mark, Salt Lake is coming off a week in which they picked up their first win of the season over the Arizona Hotshots
Orlando is led by quarterback Garrett Gilbert, who entered the week as the AAF’s leading passer in Steve Spurrier’s high-octane offense. Running back D’Ernest Johnson also impressed last game by totaling 79 rushing yards and one touchdown on 13 carries.
Salt Lake got quarterback Josh Woodrum returned from injury last week and threw for 178 yards and one score. He showed an impressive connection with wideout De’Mornay Pierson-El, who caught all eight of his targets for 90 yards and one score. They’ll look to build off that connection in a tough home game Saturday night.
We’re going to keep a running tab on the Apollos vs. Stallions matchup by breaking down the updated score and highlights throughout the game. Stats will also be provided, and they will be updated at halftime and then again after the game.
Updated Score & Highlights: Orlando Apollos vs. Salt Lake Stallions
Apollos Convert on 4th Down & Score First Points
First Half Highlights for Orlando
Apollos on the Move
Garrett Gilbert Tosses First TD of Game to Donteea Dye: 14-3
Salt Lake Responds With Joel Bouagnon TD Run: 14-11
Akeem Hunt Responds With TD Run to Extend Apollos Lead: 20-11
Final score: Orlando Apollos 20, Salt Lake Stallions 11
Orlando Apollos vs. Salt Lake Stallions Notable Final Stats
*All stats and box scores from No Extra Points and will be updated at halftime and then after the game.
- ORL: Garrett Gilbert – 22/32, 244 yards, one touchdown
- SL: Josh Woodrum – 16/22, 161 yards
- ORL: De’Veon Smith – 12 carries, 51 yards
- ORL: Akeem Hunt: eight carries, 35 yards, one touchdown
- ORL: D’Ernest Johnson – eight carries, 31 yards
- SL: Branden Oliver – 17 carries, 71 yards
- SL: Joel Bouagnon – eight carries, 30 yards, one touchdown
Wide Receivers, Tight Ends & Running Backs (Receiving)
- ORL: Charles Johnson – nine catches, 105 yards
- ORL: Rannell Hall – four catches, 57 yards
- ORL: Jalin Marshall – four catches, 27 yards
- ORL: Donteea Dye Jr. – one catch, 20 yards, one touchdown
- SL: Adonis Jennings – two catches, 43 yards
- SL: Brian Tyms – four catches, 32 yards
- SL: Kenny Bell – three catches, 25 yards
- SL: De’Mornay Pierson-El – two catches, 24 yards