There are now TWO persons of interest in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation, and the FBI has circulated their photos to law enforcement and some media outlets, according to Fox correspondent Rick Leventhal.
Leventhal, says he has the photos, said in a live-broadcast interview that “there are two men, one appears to have a backpack. We cannot share these pictures… All reports of possible suspects from earlier led to confusion because these photos were distributed early.”
He said the photos, pulled from surveillance video, were pretty clear and that “you can definitely see their faces.”
Numerous outlets previously reported that one person of interest was seen on a cell phone, and that investigators have been able to cross reference cell phone records with the moment the person was seen on tape.
FNC Rick Leventhal:authorities are distributing two photos and want to talk to the two men in the pics
— Greta Van Susteren (@gretawire) April 17, 2013
BREAKING: from @johnmillercbs, release of photo of possible suspect in Boston bombing “won’t happen tonight; it might happen tomorrow.”
— Charlie Kaye (@CharlieKayeCBS) April 17, 2013