Whether your favorite cycling routes are on the road or trail, it’s crucial to protect your eyes from the sun, wind, and other elements. With such a wide range of prices, you may want to start by deciding how much you’re willing to spend, and which features are most important. Spending a bit more on a pair of cycling sunglasses may get you extra features such as a rimless design for an unobstructed view, lenses that automatically change color depending on the light conditions, and material that’s more durable overall. Some also have fog-resistant lenses.
Fit is another important consideration. Many cycling sunglasses have non-slip grips around the ears and nose to keep the glasses in place, even once you’ve begun to sweat. However, you’ll also want to pay attention to the size. Many sunglasses are specifically designed to fit small, medium, or large heads. If you end up with a pair that doesn’t match your head size, you could experience discomfort in the form of glasses that are too tight or that slide down during rides. While some cycling sunglasses are unisex, others are designed to fit men or women.
This list offers a selection of the best cycling sunglasses, but there are many more options available. To find the right pair, browse a wider selection of cycling sunglasses on Amazon.
1. Bolle 6th Sense Sunglasses
The Bolle 6th Sense Sunglasses are designed for cyclists with medium to large heads. Features such as extended field of vision and ergonomically-shaped components make these sunglasses a solid choice for racing. They also stand out for their stable, secure fit, which means that they won’t move around or slide down when racing, and enhanced protection for the top of the face. These sunglasses are available in a wide range of colors.
Price: $70.43 – $249.00
- Ideal for racing
- Plenty of protection for the top of the face
- Best for medium to large heads
- May be too loose on riders with smaller heads
- Can’t be adjusted for a more refined fit
2. Tifosi Women’s Alpe 2.0 Polarized Dual-Lens Sunglasses
These women’s cycling sunglasses stand out for their slip-resistant rubber ear and nose pieces, which keep the glasses in place even once you’ve begun to perspire, along with adjustable ear pieces for a more customized fit. The glasses also shield the eyes against sun glare and offer protection against UV and chemical damage. The frame is highly durable and has a high bending strength.
A similar option, Tifosi Wisp, is also available.
- Slip-resistant rubber ear and nose pieces
- Lenses protect against sun glare and UV damage
- Designed for women
- Some wish the lenses were bigger
- May be a bit tight on those with larger heads
- Limited color options
3. Uvex Sportstyle 802 Variomatic Sunglasses
The Uvex Sportstyle 802 Variomatic Sunglasses are designed for men with medium faces. They’re ideal for cycling as well as running, and feature nose and temple pads for extra security. If you’re tired of having to swap out the lenses yourself as the lighting changes, you’ll appreciate the photochromic lenses, which automatically adapt to all lighting conditions. These sunglasses also feature scratchproof outer lenses and fog-free inner lenses.
- Fog-free inner lens
- Nose and temple pads
- Photochromic lenses automatically adapt to light conditions
- May not fit men with smaller or larger heads
- Limited color options
4. RIVBOS Unisex Polarized Sports Sunglasses
The RIVBOS Unisex Polarized Sports Sunglasses come with five interchangeable lenses and are designed to fit men and women. Lens options include a polarized black lens for outdoor activities along with a yellow lens for nighttime activities. You’ll also find clear, blue, and multi-color lenses. The sunglasses come with a lifetime warranty for the frame and lens. Each lens is made with a durable shatter-proof polycarbonate material that is also designed to withstand impacts and scratches.
A similar option, J+S Active PLUS Cycling Outdoor Sports Athlete’s Sunglasses, is also available.
Price: $17.98 (64 percent off MSRP)
- Unisex design
- Comes with five interchangeable lenses
- Includes lifetime warranty
- A few find the nose pad too narrow
- Only the black lens is polarized
- Some find it tricky to swap out the lenses
5. Oakley Men’s Evzero PRIZM Road Sunglasses
The Oakley Men’s Evzero PRIZM Road Sunglasses are designed for multi-sport use and are particularly suited for cycling, running, and training. A rimless design ensures an unobstructed view, while the glasses are designed with a lightweight material that won’t slow you down on the road. Highlights include ear and nose grips that stay in place despite perspiration, along with a stress-resistant frame that’s lightweight yet durable. These sunglasses filter out 100 percent of all UVA, UVB, and UVC rays.
Price: $99.99 (47 percent off MSRP)
- Rimless design offers unobstructed view
- Non-slip ear and nose grips
- Filters out 100 percent of UVA, UVB, and UVC rays
- May be a bit large on smaller heads