Your baby’s first bath is a special moment for the whole family—one you’ll definitely want to capture in a video or a series of photos (that is, if you’re operating on enough sleep to remember to record it). Sure, you can try a sink bath for the early newborn days, but there are a ton of infant bath tubs and seats that are much more comfortable for baby and convenient for you. If you end up with the right bath tub for your baby, she is more likely to love the water and enjoy taking baths, and you can rest assured that she is secure and relaxed (at least as relaxed as possible) during bath time. These days, the types of infant bath tubs on the market are almost unlimited: from soft-fold tubs that are highly portable to reclining tubs where baby can lie comfortably, to super affordable inflatable tubs, there’s definitely one that your baby will love.
As new parents, we borrowed the Puj infant tub from friends and loved it for its softness and storage capabilities—that baby could unfold to be completely flat, and hang on the back of our bathroom door. Genius! After our firstborn outgrew the Puj, we graduated to a larger solid plastic tub that he could sit up in.
While you’re searching for the perfect infant bath tub, don’t forget to stock up on some of the best baby bath toys while you’re at it. And when bath time is over, make sure you have one of the top 10 best nursery hampers to stash those dirty clothes and towels.
Check out the most popular infant bath tubs and bath seats on the market, ranked starting with our very favorite. Most of the infant tubs on this list are under $25!
1. Best Bargain Infant Bath Tub: The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn To Toddler Tub
The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn To Toddler Tub is at the top of my “to buy” list for baby #2 due to its versatility, high ratings and affordable price. This tub comes equipped with an infant sling to hold newborns at an upright angle for bathing. It can be used in the sink or the bath tub. However, it is somewhat bulky and may not fit all sinks. This infant tub has a deep ergonomic design that is meant to hold baby better than other tubs for bathing. It comes with a mesh sling and a padded headrest to give extra support and comfort to newborns. The pads are mildew resistant, and the netting can be machine-washed and -dried. When baby is old enough, the sling can be removed and she can sit up in the tub’s seat with plenty of room to play. This tub doesn’t fold up compactly for storage or travel. Some consumers complain about the lack of padding when it is being used as a toddler tub. Finally, some consumers have expressed concern about the gap between the sling and edge of the tub that exists when using the infant sling; sometimes baby limbs can get stuck.
Price: $12.87 (41 percent off MSRP)
- Converts from an infant tub to toddler tub with removable infant sling
- Deep ergonomic design holds baby better for bathing
- Features a mesh sling and padded headrest for extra support and comfort
- Mildew-resistant pads; netting is machine washable and dry-able
- Doesn’t fold up for travel or storage
- When sling is attached, there is a gap between edge of tub and sling
- Doesn’t fit in all sinks
- Not much padding when using as a toddler tub
2. Best Large Infant Bath Tub: PRIMO EuroBath
The PRIMO EuroBath is a super popular plastic tub that claims to be the largest infant/toddler tub on the market. It is designed to go from age zero to 24 months; it has two bathing positions—one for infants, one for toddlers. The tub is designed with a unique anatomical shape with safety supports for both forearms and legs. Consumers love the large size and how the tub grows with their babies. Because it is such a large tub that does not fold up, it is somewhat bulky and not intended for travel. It is meant to be used in the bath tub, not the sink. Some consumers report issues with the bottom of the tub being slippery, but you can combat this problem by picking up a non-slip bath mat or bath stickers. This tub is easy to clean, although some consumers complain that it doesn’t drain completely unless you tip it upside down. Finally, some consumers report they felt the tub was too big to use for their newborns.
- Baby bath for ages zero to 24 months with two bathing positions
- Unique anatomical shape supports forearms and legs
- Largest baby bath on the market so it will last for years
- Easy to clean
- Bulky and not ideal for travel
- Tub is somewhat slippery at the bottom
- Doesn’t drain fully without tipping it upside down
- Some consumers say it is too big for newborns
3. Best Inflatable Infant Bath Tub: Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub
The Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub is an adorable inflatable tub shaped like a rubber ducky. Kids love the fun design. This tub does not come with a newborn converter, and it is recommended for babies age six months to 24 months. This tub is very affordable; however, most consumers recommend purchasing an air pump to inflate the tub as this tub does not come with one, and it is difficult to fill with just your lungs. The Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub has a White Hot safety disk that turns white when the water is too hot—an excellent safety feature for sensitive baby skin. This product deflates and folds easily for travel, and it has a textured bottom to prevent baby from slipping and sliding. Some consumers report that this tub is somewhat fragile and prone to tears/leaks. Finally, it is on the small side, so larger toddlers won’t have a lot of room to play and wriggle.
Price: $11.19 (19 percent off MSRP)
- White Hot safety disk turns white when it’s too hot
- Deflates and folds easily for travel
- Textured bottom so baby won’t slip
- Not designed for newborns; recommended for six months to 24 months
- Most likely will need an air pump to inflate (not included)
- Somewhat fragile and prone to tears
- Not very roomy for larger toddlers
4. Best Infant Tub with Newborn Sling: Angelcare Bath Support
The AngelCare Bath Support infant tub is a lightweight tub with a built-in mesh sling that is ergonomically designed to keep baby comfortable and safe. The soft mesh is gentle on baby’s sensitive skin. This tub has drain holes that allow soap and water to be rinsed away easily. However, this means the tub itself doesn’t hold water, so it must be used in a large sink or bath tub. This product comes with a hook so you can conveniently hang the tub when not in use. This product is designed for babies age zero to six months; it does not convert into a toddler tub. Some consumers report their babies already starting to get too large for the tub at three or four months, so keep that in mind if your baby is on the larger or wigglier side of the spectrum. Some consumers have noted that this tub makes it difficult to turn baby over to wash her backside, due to the separator for the legs.
- Ergonomically designed for baby’s comfort and safety with soft mesh that is gentle on baby’s skin
- Drain holes allow soap and water to be rinsed away easily
- Fits in bath tub and most sinks
- Built-in hook for storage
- Intended for babies zero to six months
- Does not convert to toddler tub
- Doesn’t hold water, so not for use as a standalone tub
- Difficult to turn child around to wash their backside
5. Best Soft & Cuddly Infant Bath Tub: Blooming Bath Baby Bath
Blooming Bath Baby Bath definitely gets my vote for most adorable infant bath. It is on the pricey side at $39.99 (and even more for some colors!), but it’s unlike any other top-rated bath out there. It’s got a sweet flower design that comes in 10 cute colors, and it’s super soft and cuddly to keep baby comfortable and happy during bath time. It folds and unfolds, fitting most sink sizes and traveling with ease. This plush infant bath is recommended for babies age zero to six months, so you will have to figure out another solution once baby sizes out of it. Some consumers complain that the plush tub takes a while to dry out between uses.
Price: $28.80 (30 percent off MSRP)
- Adorable plush flower design that comes in 10 fun colors
- Super soft and cuddly to keep baby happy during bath time
- Fits most sink sizes
- Very lightweight and slim, so it travels well
- Some colors are way more expensive
- Recommended for babies age zero to six months
- Takes a while to dry out between uses
6. Most Adorable Infant Bath Tub: Fisher-Price Whale of a Tub Bathtub
The Fisher-Price Whale of a Tub Bathtub is a cute whale-shaped tub with a design perfect for kids. The plastic tub has a contoured infant seat with cozy back padding to keep baby comfortable and safe as she bathes. This tub is convertible, so it works for smaller babies all the way up to toddlers, but may not be great for newborns as there is no mesh sling to allow baby to lie on her back. This bathtub includes an innovative flush drain plug in its design, which makes baby more comfortable and makes cleanup simpler and faster for busy parents. This bathtub is on the larger side, so it may not fit in some smaller sinks. The Fisher-Price Whale of a Tub Bathtub is a newer version of this tub with some improvements on the old version; however, because it is newer, not many reviews have been left by consumers yet. Keep your eye on this product to see whether people are loving it.
Price: $20.30 (19 percent off MSRP)
- Innovative flush drain plug makes baby more comfortable and cleanup simple and fast
- Contoured infant seat with cozy padded seat back helps keep baby from slipping and sliding
- Grows with baby—just remove infant seat when baby can sit up
- Cute whale design
- One reviewer noticed a strong odor after receiving product
- Not perfect for newborns, as there is no mesh support
- Too large for some sinks
- Newer version of tub, so not many reviews yet
7. Best Convertible Infant Bath Tub: Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling N Seat Tub
The Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling N Seat Tub is a four-stage convertible bath center that grows with baby. Stage 1 allows newborns to rest in a mesh infant sling while they bathe; Stage 2 allows baby to recline on a soft-foam surface with an infant stopper to prevent sliding; Stage 3 has “Sit-Me-Up Support” to aid unsteady sitters; and Stage 4 is a roomy toddler tub for lots of play time. This product also comes with a squeeze bottle and a whale scoop for gentle rinsing and playing. It also has a hook for easy drying and space-saving storage. However, the tub isn’t foldable at all and is on the bulky side, so you might have issues if you have a smaller bathroom. Major complaints seem to be that the mesh material on the sling isn’t very soft and that the green seat insert for Stage 3 is rough, hard and slippery when wet. Additionally, the drain is located beneath the seat, meaning that in Stage 3 you will need to remove the seat before you can drain water out.
Price: $26.39 (34 percent off MSRP)
- Four stage convertible bath center that grows with baby
- Comes with with squeeze bottle and whale scoop for gentle rinsing or play
- Hook for easy drying and space-saving storage
- Tub puts infants at a gentle recline on a soft-foam surface, preventing slipping and sliding
- Material on sling is not very soft
- Material of infant tub is hard and slippery
- You have to take out the infant seat to unplug the drain
- Somewhat bulky and hard to store
8. Best Fold-Up Infant Bath Tub: Puj Tub, The Soft, Foldable Baby Bathtub
The Puj Tub is an innovative foam infant tub that is designed to fold up flat for easy hanging storage. It also travels really well as it is ultra lightweight. The tub is made from a soft foam material that cradles baby gently as she bathes. It’s mold and mildew resistant and free from BPA and PVC materials. This tub is designed for babies age zero to six months, though some consumers report that their larger babies grow out of the tub sooner. It does not convert to a toddler tub, so its use it somewhat limited. Although the manufacturer explains that the Puj is designed to fit most standard-sized sinks, there are several consumer complaints that the Puj did not fit their sinks and therefore was not very useful. It is recommended to measure your sinks before purchasing to ensure the Puj Tub will fit. Finally, some consumers have noted that the sides tend to come unfolded during use, especially if baby gives them a kick. At the moment, the white version is about $10 more than the blue.
- Super soft foam material that cradles baby
- Folds up and stores in small spaces; great for travel
- Mold and mildew resistant, BPA/PVC free material
- Fits in most standard-sized bathroom sinks
- More expensive
- Recommended for babies ages zero to six months
- Can come unfolded when baby kicks the sides of the tub
- Tub is on the smaller side, so larger babies may grow out of it quickly
9. Best Reclining Infant Bath Tub: Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather
The Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather is a super affordable infant bather with a soft mesh and terry cloth sling to hold baby at three different recline positions for her comfort. This product features head support that gently cradles baby’s head during bath time. Plus, it folds up compactly for storage and travel and is super lightweight. According to one reviewer, it is somewhat difficult to put the bather back together if you take it apart. It is designed for infant use, and babies will size out of it as they get larger—if your baby is on the large side, you may not get very many months of use out of this product. The Summer Infant Deluxe Infant Bather is designed for use in sinks or adult bath tubs, but it has no suction on the bottom, so it may slip and slide around your tub unless you take precautions, such as placing a towel or anti-slip protectors down on the surface of the tub. This bather only comes in pink and blue, though some consumers would prefer a more gender-neutral color. At the moment, the blue version of the Summer Infant Deluxe Bather is slightly more expensive than the pink at $15.15.
Price: $14.70 (26 percent off MSRP)
- Three-position recline for baby’s comfort
- Head support that cradles baby’s head
- Folds up compactly for storage and travel
- Somewhat difficult to put product back together if you take it apart
- On the small side, so larger babies may grow out of it quickly
- No suction on bottom to keep bather placed in bath tub
- Comes in gender-specific colors only (pink and blue)
10. Most Versatile Infant Bath Tub: Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub
The Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bathtub is a product that combines the convenience of a foldable, storable tub with the versatility of an infant-to-toddler bath tub. It comes in a cute green and white color combo and has a stylish, modern design. It has two support stages so it takes your from newborn to toddler with a one-piece design that means you don’t have to keep track of additional parts to get you through the stages. The tub has a rotating support brace for quick and secure positioning of the tub during use. It has collapsible legs and a storage hook that allow the Boon Naked to be stored away easily or transported for travel. Some consumers have complained that the hook is prone to breaking off, that there isn’t enough grip on the bottom of the tub and that the surface of the tub is too slippery for newborn use. (You can either use a towel for extra grip, or purchase a product like the Summer Infant Bath Sponge to give baby something to grip to.) Finally, some consumers have complained that it is somewhat difficult to collapse and unfold the legs of the tub.
Price: $39.98 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Two support stages from newborn to toddler
- Collapsible design and hook is perfect for storage and travel
- Rotating support brace for quick and secure positioning of tub
- One-piece design means you don’t have to keep up with parts for transitioning between stages
- Hook is fragile and prone to breaking
- Some consumers note there is not enough grip on bottom of tub
- Some consumers report tub is too slippery for newborn use without some sort of towel or device underneath them
- Somewhat difficult to collapse legs