As soon as your baby is old enough to sit up in the tub, you want to make sure you have a few entertaining and educational bath toys to keep her busy while you’re scrubbing. Luckily, there are so many adorable and creative baby bath toys out there, and many of them are under $10 a pop! It’s best to have a variety of toys so your baby has plenty to choose from—I’d start with three or four different varieties to see which she prefers, then go from there. When bath time’s over, you want to make sure all your spiffy toys have a place to go. I recommend a product like the Munchkin Super Scoop Bath Toy Organizer to keep them all corralled. Bath toys should be cleaned in a vinegar and hot water soak a minimum of once every six months.
Below, check out the top 15 baby bath toys that any baby will be sure to love. These all come highly rated and recommended by real parents like you.
1. Munchkin Fishin’ Bath Toy
Gone fishin’! This adorable magnetic fishing rod from Munchkin comes with a set of three bobbing toys that look like sea creatures. The activity is engaging and helps young ones to develop hand-eye coordination. The sea creatures are air-tight, which helps to eliminate mold and mildew from developing inside. Some consumers are disappointed that the fishing rod doesn’t actually reel, it just dangles. This toy is intended for children 24 months and up.
Price: $7.73 (14 percent off MSRP)
- Characters are air-tight, helping to eliminate mold and mildew
- Magnetic bobbers help develop hand-eye coordination
- Not intended for children under two
- The fishing rod doesn’t actually reel
2. Nuby Octopus Hoopla Bathtime Fun Toys
The most popular baby bath toy on Amazon right now, the Nuby Octopus Hoopla is a BPA-free plastic ring-toss game with the coolest, baby-pleasing octopus character. The set comes with three rings that your little one can practice tossing onto the octopus’s tentacles, helping her develop hand-eye coordination. Watch the octopus float on the surface of the tub as your toddler plays with this fave over and over.
Price: $6.88 (14 percent off MSRP)
- Ring toss helps develop hand-eye coordination
- Bright colors and fun character stimulate baby’s senses
- Not intended for children under 18 months
- Octopus has only six legs
3. ALEX Toys Rub a Dub Tub Soup
Your budding chef will love this 12-piece foam soup set from ALEX Toys. It comes with a soup tureen, a ladle, a salt shaker squirter (so much fun!) and nine foam veggies. When wet, the veggies stick to the wall of the tub. Let your kiddo stir, season and cook up bath-time soup while she soaks the day’s dirt off. This set is meant for children 24 months and up.
Price: $12.14 (36 percent off MSRP)
- This set comes with 12 pieces for many activities
- If foam is bitten, bite marks will stay
- Not intended for children under two years of age
- On the expensive side
4. Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles Bath Toy
The Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles Bath Toy comes in a set of four and is perfect for babies starting at four months. Each bubble contains a different character, spinner or rattle—the bubbles are designed to stimulate your baby’s senses of hearing, sight and touch. Luckily, these toys come with no holes to let in pesky mold or mildew. Some consumers report receiving only two bubbles instead of the four as pictured, so a word of caution to make sure you get what you think you’re ordering. These toys are great for young babies but may not be as interesting after your baby reaches 12 months or so.
- No holes for mold or mildew to build up in
- Each bubble helps stimulate baby’s sense of sight, hearing and touch
- Some consumers report receiving toys not as pictured
- Not stimulating for older babies and toddlers
5. Munchkin Letters and Numbers Bath Toys
Give your little one an early jump on reading by introducing them to the alphabet with fun foam letters. This set includes all 26 letters plus the numbers 0–9. The foam pieces stick to the bath wall when wet, so you can help baby spell out words, count and play. The Munchkin Letters and Numbers Bath Toys is an expensive set that will provide months or even years of fun. Some consumers have complained about the rubbery smell that the foam letters and numbers have right out of the packaging—a few rinses should get rid of it.
Price: $4.48 (72 percent off MSRP)
- Foam is soft, durable and nontoxic
- Rubbery smell when new
- Letter “O” and number “0” look the same; numbers “6” and “9” look the same
6. Yookidoo Submarine Spray Station Battery Operated Water Pump with Hand Shower Bath Toy
The Yookidoo Submarine Spray Station Bath Toy is a battery-op toy complete with a water pump, funnels and all kinds of crazy contraptions to entertain your toddler for hours. This toy is recommended for ages two through six, so it will grow with your child. It’s intended to encourage independent play and help kids develop problem-solving skills. The downside is it’s expensive, but I think it makes an awesome gift for a toddler or little kid. My four-year-old would absolutely love this.
Buy the Yookidoo Submarine Spray Station Battery Operated Water Pump with Hand Shower Bath Toy here.
- When water pours into one of the two funnels, it creates a fun series of effects
- Encourages independent play and discovery
- Not intended for kids under two years of age
Find more Yookidoo Submarine Spray Station Battery Operated Water Pump with Hand Shower Bath Toy information and reviews here.
7. Crayola Color Bath Drops
This set of Crayola Color Bath Drops comes with 60 fizzing drops in a mix of colors to keep your baby entertained in the bath. The tablets dissolve quickly, turning the bath water to a bright Crayola color. Teach your young one about the magic of colors and color mixing, and let her choose her own color combos. Be careful, as the colored water can stain fabric, such as your bath mat or T-shirt. This product is not recommended for kids with eczema. Some consumers complain that the colors are not as vibrant as they hoped or that there aren’t as many color choices as they wanted.
- Easy to clean up
- Mix and match the variety of colors to form any color your kid can dream up
- Not recommended for kids with eczema
- Can stain fabrics
8. Wonder Blocks Non-Toxic Floating Waterproof Foam Building Blocks
I can tell you from experience that a good set of foam bath blocks will get you through many years, creating dozens upon dozens of fun and educational bath times. My four-year-old loves his foam bath blocks, and he continues to find new ways to use them. This set comes with 16 foam blocks and a foam board, as well as two bonus ducky toys and a mesh storage bag. The blocks are great for engaging baby’s senses, and developing motor skills and hand-eye coordination. One consumer reported that her child was able to bite off a piece of one of the foam blocks, so be sure to watch out for that safety hazard.
- Comes with a mesh bag and two free duckies
- Develops creativity and sensory learning through shape, color and counting recognition while improving motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Kids can bite off a piece of the foam, which could be a safety issue
- On the expensive side
Find more Wonder Blocks Non-Toxic Floating Waterproof Foam Building Blocks information and reviews here.
9. Boon B11088 Building Bath Pipes Toy Set
For your budding engineer or plumber, this fun building bath pipes set from Boon is a great way to make bath time more exciting and educational. The pipes can be used individually or connected, and your little guy or gal can pour water through in an exciting way. The pipes suction right to your bathtub wall for an endless combination of ways to build and connect. This product is recommended for ages 12 months and up.
Price: $13.47 (10 percent off MSRP)
- Pipes can be used individually or in a chain
- Fans and flippers add another layer of fun
- On the expensive side
- Don’t come with a pitcher to pour water into pipes
10. Moluk Plui Rain Cloud Tub Toy
The Moluk Plui Rain Cloud Tub Toy creates a fun physics experiment to entertain and educate your child, over and over again. Fill up the cute, cloud-shaped toy with water, then watch it rain down—when your kid plugs the top hole with her finger, the rain will stop. The cloud toy opens easily for cleaning, so no need to worry about mold and mildew buildup. Some consumers report that the toy is smaller than expected—you can get a good idea for the size in the below video. This toy is intended for children ages two and up.
- Cleverly illustrates the water cycle for a learning experience
- Opens easily for cleaning to avoid buildup of mold and mildew
- Not intended for kids under two years of age
- Many consumers report toy is smaller than expected
11. Boon Jellies Suction Cup Bath Toys
This set of nine brightly colored jellyfish-shaped toys provides entertainment in the form of suctioning, stacking and linking to build different shapes and structures. Your baby will be enthralled as she develops her hand-eye coordination and learns and engages her senses. Some consumers report that younger babies don’t find the toy super entertaining. Additionally, there are various issues with the suction cups—some report that they are too strong and difficult to remove from each other and from tile, while other report that over time the suction stops working. (One consumer boiled their jellies in the pot on the stove, which seemed to revive the suction.)
- The jellyfish suction to the wall, stack and link to build fun shapes and structures
- Bright colors to stimulate visual sense
- Some consumers report issues with suction
- Not very entertaining for younger babies
12. Colorful Vinyl Dinosaur Squirt Party Favors Bath Toy
This colorful, varied set of 12 dinosaur squirt toys is the perfect starter set for baby’s bath. At $8.99 for 12 pieces, it is a great value. Some consumers report that the dinosaurs look cheaply made and that the colors are not exactly as pictured. The toys do not float upright in the bath. Keep in mind that squirt toys can develop mold and mildew inside over time. To lengthen the life of your squirt toys, make sure to empty them out and set somewhere to dry after each use, and frequently soak them in a hot water and vinegar solution.
- Inexpensive and great for party favors
- Brightly colored and fun for little hands
- They don’t float standing up
- Squirt toys can develop mold and mildew over time
13. Skip Hop Dunck Stacking Bath Toys
The Skip Hop Dunck Stacking Bath Toys are a clever twist on the classic bath-time rubber ducky. But these can be used in many different ways—they stack, they float, they pour. Parents can even use them to rinse suds out of baby’s hair when shampooing is done (though some consumers say they are a bit small for this purpose). These duckies are super easy to clean—just throw ’em right in the dishwasher. The set of three ducks is just seven bucks, and it’s recommended for babies 10 months and older.
- Multiple uses: kids can pour, stack and float; parents can use as a rinse cup for baby’s hair
- Recommended for 10 months and up
- Not interesting to all babies
- They don’t hold much water and are not ideal for rinsing
14. Green Toys Rescue Boat with Helicopter
In our house, we love everything Green Toys makes—we have the tea set, the tractor, and the recycle truck, and all are greatly loved and played with. Although this rescue boat and helicopter bath toy is on the pricey side, I can just imagine how much fun my four-year-old would have with it. It’s made with 100% recycled plastic, as are all Green Toys products, and it’s dishwasher safe. Some consumers report that the boat sinks fairly easily.
Price: $29.91 (15 percent off MSRP)
- Made from 100% recycled plastic
- Two-in-one toy that’s fun in the tub or out
- Boat sinks easily according to some consumers
15. Boon Chomp Hungry Whale
Chomp chomp! Little fingers are safe with this chomping whale toy because the jaw is made from soft and flexible materials. The mouth opens up when you squeeze the tail, and babies get good practice with hand-eye coordination by placing the sea creature toys in the whale’s mouth. The three sea creature toys come in various shapes and float when they hit the bath water. This toy is intended for kids ages 10 months and up.
- Whale’s tail opens the mouth when squeezed and toys can store right inside the mouth
- Encourages hand-eye coordination
- Somewhat difficult for younger babies to use
- Can develop mold and mildew over time