Are you a first-time father or do you know someone who is? Celebrate a first Father’s Day with these inspirational quotes for first-time fathers.
In the United States, Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June, but the holiday honors the duty of fathers everywhere. Other countries that celebrate Father’s Day on the third Sunday in June include Afghanistan, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and more. However, other dates for Father’s Day are held throughout the year, too.
More than 60 countries throughout the world celebrate Father’s Day. Typical celebrations include attending church, going out to eat, and giving gifts to fathers and grandfathers. Gifts usually include cards.
Modern Father’s Day celebrations started in the early 20th century in the United States, but the idea of celebrating fathers can be traced to the Middle Ages with St. Joseph’s Day.
See the best quotes about being a new dad here:
1. “The guys who fear becoming fathers don’t understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the men.” – Frank Pittman, American psychiatrist and author
2. “It is a wise father that knows his own child.” – William Shakespeare, English playwright
3. “There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.” – Robert Jordan, American author
4. “You can’t measure manhood with a tape line around his biceps.” – Billy Sunday, American athlete
5. “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.” – Anne Geddes, Australian-born photographer
6. “I want my son to wear a helmet 24 hours a day. If it was socially acceptable I’d be the first one to have my kid in a full helmet and like a cage across his face mask.” – Will Arnett, American actor
7. “Years ago we used to play / He used to laugh when I ran away / But when I fell and hurt my knee / He would run to comfort me / And the pain would go away.” – The Monkees
8. “Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every day.” – Mike Myers, American actor
9. “I found out that I’m a pretty bad father. I make a lot of mistakes and I don’t know what I’m doing. But my kids love me. Go figure.” – Louis C.K, American comedian
10. “I just sit there and makeup songs and sing to [my son] in gibberish. I’m very good at gibberish now.” – Elton John, English singer/songwriter
Discuss on Facebook