Dyson offers a wide variety of vacuum cleaners, from canister to handheld and now even a robot vacuum cleaner. Whether your goal is to find a vacuum for a specific purpose, such as managing allergens or cleaning up after pets, or you simply don’t mind spending a bit more for a powerful Dyson vacuum, there are many products to consider. Some vacuums have specific features, such as ball technology for easier maneuvering or cleaner heads designed for multiple floor types. You can browse additional Dyson vacuum cleaners for more options.
1. Dyson 360 Eye
After much anticipation, Dyson 360 Eye has arrived. This robot vacuum cleaner comes with a high price tag yet offers numerous features and a powerful performance. You can expect powerful suction on just about any floor surface, including carpet. It’s also easy to schedule cleanings and monitor the robot through the Dyson Link app. The Dyson 360 Eye maps out its cleaning route beforehand to ensure it won’t miss a spot with its systematic cleaning pattern. An advanced filtration system purifies air while capturing pesky allergens.
- Systematic cleaning pattern
- Advanced filtration system
- Works on nearly any floor surface
- Taller than most competitors
- Relatively short battery life
2. Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum
One of the biggest perks of this Dyson vacuum cleaner is that it comes without a pesky cord. A motorized cleaner head picks up dust and dirt with ease on any floor type. The vacuum is balanced for floor to ceiling cleaning and even converts into a handheld vacuum cleaner when necessary. A maximum power mode offers over six minutes of high-power suction. Other features include a hygienic way to empty the bin and a docking station for charging and storing the vacuum. The Dyson V6 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum is also available.
- Doesn’t have a cord
- Maximum power mode
- Ideal for all floor types
- Battery can’t be changed
- Shaggy rugs may clog rollers
- Suction on “low” setting could be better
3. Dyson DC50 Ball Compact Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner
If you have pets, you’ll want to consider this vacuum cleaner. Aside from its lightweight and durable construction, making it easier to maneuver the Dyson vacuum around the house, other features include powerful cleaner head technology and a bagless operation. The vacuum’s ball technology allows it to easily turn and make its way into tricky spaces. Nylon bristles help remove dirt and debris from carpets while carbon fiber filaments clean hard floor surfaces.
Price: $374.06 (17 percent off MSRP)
- Powerful cleaner head technology
- Bagless operation
- Works on carpet and hard floor surfaces
- Plastic material feels flimsy
- Some wish the canister was larger
- Needs to be fully upright to lock
4. Dyson V6 Trigger
This cordless handheld vacuum cleaner comes with multiple cyclones, which helps to optimize airflow while capturing smaller particles. You can expect up to 20 minutes of run-time. All you need to do is press the trigger when you’re ready and release your grip when you’re done. This Dyson is lightweight and ergonomic, ensuring that it will fit nicely into most hands. It’s also handy to use in cars, where it can clean upholstery, footwells, and underneath car seats.
- Runs up to 20 minutes
- Lightweight and ergonomic
- Ideal for cars
- Some wish the battery life was better
- Dust bin can be tricky to empty
- A bit loud
5. Dyson Ball Allergy Upright Vacuum
Whether you suffer from seasonal allergies or you simply want a vacuum cleaner that will keep your house as clean as possible, consider this Dyson model. A self-adjusting cleaner head automatically adjusts for a variety of floor surfaces. The entire vacuum cleaner features HEPA filtration for enhanced particle trapping. Another feature is the vacuum’s cyclone technology, which picks up even the finest particles of dust and dirt.
Price: $395.99 (21 percent off MSRP)
- HEPA filtration
- Self-adjusting cleaner head
- Ideal for allergy sufferers
- Confusing setup instructions
- Power cord isn’t retractable
- Cleaner head is a bit tall
6. Dyson V8 Absolute
This cord-free vacuum cleaner is designed for all-purpose cleaning around the house. For starters, it comes with an extra cleaner head just for tackling hard floors. This Dyson vacuum cleaner also features whole-machine HEPA filtration and a soft roller cleaner head that picks up even the smallest bits of debris. Another highlight is up to 40 minutes of fade-free suction on a Lithium-ion battery.
- Extra cleaner head for hard floors
- Whole-machine HEPA filtration
- Up to 40 minutes fade-free suction on battery power
- Material can get easily scratched
- Trigger needs to be held down to keep vacuum running
- Dust bin could be larger
7. Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy
This allergy-oriented Cinetic Ball vacuum cleaner comes with features such as hygienic bin emptying and a cleaner head that keeps dirt, dust, and other particles tightly sealed in during the cleaning process. You also won’t have to wash or replace dirty filter with this vacuum cleaner. A tangle-free tool helps to pick up pet hair without getting clogged. Whole-machine HEPA filtration captures allergens while purifying the air. A Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum is also available.
Price: $598.95 (14 percent off MSRP)
- Hygienic bin emptying
- Tangle-free tool
- HEPA filtration
- Dust bin can be tough to empty when full
- Powerful suction can make the vacuum hard to maneuver on hard floors
- Some say the vacuum is heavy
8. Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord-free Vacuum
Upgrade from the Dyson V6 Cord-free vacuum and you’ll get more brush bar power on carpets along with other features. This vacuum comes with a handy crevice tool that allows you to clean in tough-to-reach spots. It also offers up to 20 minutes of continuous suction and uses the battery power only when cleaning. In addition to its cordless operation, this Dyson vacuum stands out for its ability to seamlessly transition to a handheld. It’s also optimally balance for floor to ceiling cleaning.
Price: $369.99 (8 percent off MSRP)
- More brush bar power on carpets
- Includes crevice tool
- Transitions to handheld
- Thumb trigger has to be held down to keep vacuum on
- Battery drains relatively quickly on powerful settings
- Small dust bin
9. Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum
A self-adjusting cleaner head seamlessly handles transitions from carpets to hard floors. One main feature of this vacuum cleaner is its ball technology, which allows you to steer the vacuum even into tight spaces with your wrist. An instant release wand lets you get higher-up spaces where dust and dirt tends to collect. Whole-machine HEPA filtration makes the vacuum a top choice for anyone suffering from allergies. A smaller Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum is also available.
Price: $379.99 (25 percent off MSRP)
- Easy to maneuver
- Comes with instant release wand
- HEPA filtration
- Dust bin needs to be emptied frequently
- Power cord isn’t retractable
- Some find it a bit heavy
10. Dyson V6 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum
The Dyson V6 Absolute is equipped with two heads, one for floor cleaning and the other for carpet cleaning. It also has extra tools and HEPA filtration to help trap dust and dirt particles. The carpet cleaner head is equipped with bristles that work deeper into the material to remove more dirt and debris. The hard floor head has a soft roller to pick up large and small bits of fine dust and debris. This vacuum cleaner also comes with a motorized mini tool for reaching tough places and a mini soft dusting brush. You can also check out the Dyson V8 Absolute.
Price: $446.85 (25 percent off MSRP)
- Includes heads for hard floors and carpeting
- Whole-vacuum HEPA filtration
- Comes with extra cleaning tools
- Short battery life on maximum power
- Trigger needs to be pressed constantly to keep vacuum on
- Lower setting suction could be more powerful
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook