Oh, teething. Just when you’re starting to get the hang of this whole “taking care of another human life” thing, nature throws you another curve ball: drooling, fussing, crying, not sleeping…teething can be miserable for both baby AND parents. Luckily, there are so many cool, innovative teething toys on the market. Many are super inexpensive, meaning you can snag a few different products to try and see which one your baby takes to. You definitely want to invest in a few teething toys to keep your baby entertained while soothing her sore gums.
Below, I’ve put together a list of the top 20 best baby teething toys, from training toothbrushes to rattles to teething necklaces. There are even some that you can add frozen fruit to and let baby gum to soothe teething pain.
1. Vulli So’Pure Teether Duet (Sophie the Giraffe)
The original Sophie giraffe teether by Vulli is a modern-day classic. This version is flatter and comes with two handles so very young babies can grip with ease. This product is made from 100% natural rubber and is totally safe for chewing and gumming. Currently, this product is only available in a set of two via Amazon, so buy one and keep one for your mom friend—or have a backup just in case! Beware that some consumers have reported receiving non-authentic versions of this product, so make sure to double check yours upon receipt.
Price: $26.88 (for set of two)
- Makes a great gift
- Handles are super easy for baby to grip
- Made from 100% natural rubber
- Only sold in set of two
- Some consumers report receiving a non-authentic version
2. Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush & Teether
This adorable banana-shaped teether is also an infant training toothbrush. Baby can chew on any part of it, as well as scrub her teeth clean on the soft silicone bristles. It’s an inexpensive product, though since it’s an add-on item, you’ll have to add something else to your cart in order to qualify to purchase this item. The Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush & Teether can be tossed into the dishwasher for cleaning, and you can also freeze it to make it even more soothing on baby’s gums. It’s got two handles that look like the banana peel for little hands to hold onto. Some consumers complain that the silicone material attracts dust and hair and that the silicone “bristles” are easily chewed off (though luckily they are too small to be a choking hazard).
- Doubles as an infant toothbrush
- Dishwasher and freezer friendly
- Has handles for baby to grip
- Toothbrush nubs can be chewed off
- The material tends to pick up dust
- Product description says made in USA, but some shipped items are made in Taiwan and appear different from USA version
3. Nuby Silicone Teethe-eez Teether with Bristles
The Nuby Silicone Teethe-eez Teether with Bristles is another 100% silicone teether and toothbrush in one. It’s priced at just $4.99, and right now you can clip an Amazon coupon for an extra 20% off. This product comes with a hygienic carrying case for travel, which can help with the teether’s tendency to attract dust and hair. It is safe for babies starting from birth. Like the Baby Banana teether, the bristles on the Nuby Silicone Teethe-eez Teether tend to break off. Some consumers complain it is a little too large for baby’s mouth.
Price: $4.99 (save 20% with an Amazon coupon)
- Made with SoftFlex silicone that soothes, stimulates and cleans baby’s gums
- Includes a hygienic case for travel
- Safe for babies of all ages
- Made of silicone, which attracts dust and hair
- Silicone bristles tend to break off
- Some consumers complain it is too large for babies to fit in their mouths
4. Baltic Amber Teething Necklace for Babies (Honey)
This amber teething necklace from Baltic Wonder works a bit differently than other baby teething products. Instead of chewing on it, babies wear it around their necks. The 100% Baltic amber contains succinic acid, which works with baby’s body heat to produce anti-inflammatory and immune system boosting properties. The product is supposed to reduce teething pain, drooling and fussiness in teething babies. This product is more expensive than your typical chewie teether, but it may be worth a try to see if it reduces your baby’s teething pain. Beware that some consumers report receiving a product that seems to be plastic, not 100% amber.
- Contains anti-inflammatory & succinic acid immune system boosting properties
- Made of 100% real Baltic amber
- Reduces teething pain, drooling and fussiness
- Not for chewing
- More expensive
- Some consumers report getting a product that is made of plastic, not real amber
5. Munchkin Twisty Figure 8 Teether
The Munchkin Twisty Figure 8 Teether is a hard-plastic teething toy with four different teething surfaces to encourage baby to explore and help develop her motor and sensory skills. It’s an inexpensive teether, but you can only purchase it as an Amazon add-on item. Due to the cracks and crevices, some consumers say it is difficult to clean. Because it is made of hard plastic, parents will have to watch babies closely to make sure they don’t hit themselves with the toy.
- Has four different teething surfaces
- Helps to develop motor and sensory skills
- Amazon add-on item
- Somewhat difficult to clean
- Made of hard plastic, so baby must be supervised closely to avoid hitting herself
6. Nuby Icybite Hard/Soft Teething Keys
The Nuby Icybite Hard/Soft Teething Keys make a great, versatile teething and sensory toy for babies ages three months and up. You can pop it in the fridge to create a cool surface to soothe baby’s sore gums, though it cannot go in the freezer and should not be boiled to sterilize. This toy is easy to grip for little hands and contains multiple surfaces to stimulate baby and assist in the eruption of front, middle and back teeth. This product is an Amazon add-on item, so you will have to combine it with a larger order if you would like to purchase. Some consumers are disappointed the keys cannot be separated from the ring.
- Safe for use in refrigerator, creating a cool surface for gum-soothing
- Easy to grip for small hands
- Multiple surfaces for teething to assist in the eruption of front, middle and back teeth
- Amazon add-on item
- Not safe for freezer or for boiling
- Rings cannot be removed from key ring
7. Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder (Set of Two)
The Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder is marketed as a feeding set for infants, but it also works wonders as a teether. Just add frozen fruit, ice cubes or really any food you want baby to taste, and the mesh bag allows baby to gum and suck on the food, exploring her taste buds and soothing sensitive gums. For less than seven bucks, you get a pack of two, which is great in case one is being cleaned. Consumers complain that the mesh makes this product difficult to clean; it’s recommended to clean it immediately after use. Additionally, with foods that stain, such as berries, you should take caution to make sure baby is wearing a bib and not wearing clothes that you don’t want to get stained. This product is recommended for babies ages six months and up.
Price: $6.98 (for two)
- Inexpensive and comes with two
- Feeder helps to reduce the risk of choking as only small pieces can get through the mesh
- Adding frozen fruit can soothe sore gums
- Recommended for ages six months and up, so not suitable for very young babies
- Somewhat difficult to clean
- Some consumers report they are fairly messy
8. Soft Silicone Fruit Teething Toys Set for Toddlers & Infants by Ashtonbee (Set of Four)
The Soft Silicone Fruit Teething Toys from Ashtonbee get my vote as the cutest teether design on the market. This set comes with four teethers in pineapple, grape, orange and strawberry shapes, though you can order them individually as well. These teethers are made from soft silicone; they are nontoxic and made with no harmful chemicals, using only BPA-free and FDA-approved materials. They’re dishwasher and freezer safe, which comes in handy for busy parents. Some consumers report that the shape and size can cause some younger babies to put the entire teether in their mouths, inducing gagging.
Price: $13.95 (for four)
- Made from soft silicone with no harmful chemicals, using only BPA-free and FDA-approved materials
- Comes in a pack of four (but can also be ordered individually)
- Adorable fruit-shaped designs
- The shape can cause younger babies to gag
- Some consumers report the silicone is not as soft as expected
- Some consumers report they are smaller than expected
Find more Soft Silicone Fruit Teething Toys Set for Toddlers & Infants by Ashtonbee information and reviews here.
9. MAM Bite & Brush Teether
The MAM Bite & Brush Teether is another teether/infant toothbrush in one that cleans baby teeth while soothing sensitive, sore gums. This product was developed with collaboration from dentists, and MAM put their spin on it to create a cute design with a ring shape that is easy for little hands to hold onto. This product is an Amazon add-on item. Some consumers report that younger babies have a hard time fitting this into their mouths and that some babies just are not interested in this teether.
- Doubles as an infant toothbrush that cleans teeth while soothing sore gums
- Developed with collaboration from dentists
- Ring shape is easy for small hands to grip
- Amazon add-on item
- Some consumers report babies are not interested in the teether
- Some consumers report it is not suitable for younger babies
10. green sprouts Ring Cool Soothing Teether
The green sprouts Ring Cool Soothing Teether is a simple refrigerator-safe ring-shaped teether that you can score for just four bucks. Babies love the soothing coolness on tender gums, and the ring shape is easy for them to grip. This product is free of BPA, PVC, Nitrosamine and phthalates. This particular style of teether helps with front teething only. It is not safe to put in the freezer or to boil. This teether is an Amazon add-on product.
- Free of BPA, PVC, Nitrosamine and phthalates
- Can be chilled in fridge for a soothing effect on gums
- Amazon add-on item
- Helps with front teething only
- Not safe for freezer or boiling
11. Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether
The Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether is a little more expensive than average at seven dollars per teether, but it comes in a unique shape that gives baby several options for gumming. The prongs on the bottom are the same size as baby fingers, eliminating any choking or gagging issues and giving baby exactly the shape she is used to. The soft silicone teether is easy to clean, but it does tend to attract dust and hair. Some consumers report it is smaller than expected.
- Easy to clean
- Multiple places for baby to grab onto
- “Spikes” are the same size as baby fingers, perfect for teething
- A little more expensive than other brands
- Soft silicone attracts dust and hair
- Some consumers report it is smaller than expected
12. Boon Pulp Silicone Feeder
The Boon Pulp Silicone Feeder is a similar option to the Munchkin mesh feeder, and many consumers report this version is much easier to clean. It can be used as a baby feeder or with frozen food to ease the ache of tender gums during teething. The small handle is the perfect size for little fingers to grip. This brand feeder is more expensive than the Munchkin but might be worth it if you aren’t a fan of a tedious cleaning process. A feeding teether is not as useful as a standalone teether for travel because you need the frozen food in order to really target the teething pain.
- Doubles as a baby feeder and can be used with frozen food for teething babies
- Easy to clean
- Small handle is perfect for little hands
- Feeder too large for some babies
- A little more expensive than the average teether
- Not as useful for on-the-go teething
13. ZoLi Chubby Gummy Gum Massager (Set of Two)
The ZoLi Chubby Gummy Gum Massager is designed with an easy-to-grip handle for small hands that has an integrated anti-choke shield. The textured tip is made to soothe sore gums from teething. However, some babies will attempt to put the handle end in their mouth, causing some gagging. This teether is great for teething on back teeth as well as front, which can be a life saver for babies getting their molars. This set comes with two teethers, which can be a good thing if you are worried about losing one or would just like one for home and one for daycare.
Price: $11.97 (for two)
- Has an easy-to-hold handle with an integrated anti-choke shield
- Textured tip soothes sore gums
- Great for teething on back teeth as well as front
- Opposite end isn’t textured or soft, and some babies will put that end in their mouth
- Some consumers report gagging
- Not sold individually
14. Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic Baby Rattle & Teether Toy
The Manhattan Toy Skwish Classic Baby Rattle & Teether Toy is a rattle and teether in one that encourages sensory learning and play. The toy helps babies to develop hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills. It is made of wood and elastic and designed to flatten (or “Skwish”) and return to its original shape. This product is carefully constructed out of sustainable materials and is painted with a nontoxic, water-based finish. Some consumers report being worried about safety hazards, such as the balls coming off and being a choking hazard, or just the fact that the toy is somewhat heavy and can hurt baby if she hits herself in the face. Finally, there are a few consumers who have reported that their babies are just not that interested in this teether toy.
Price: $9.57 (36 percent off MSRP)
- Doubles up as a sensory and learning toy
- Wood construction with elastic ties allow rattle and teether to flatten and always return to its original shape
- Carefully constructed of sustainable wood with a nontoxic, water-based finish
- Some consumers worry about the safety of this toy
- Heavier than other rattles and teethers
- Some consumers report their babies are just not interested in the toy
15. Hevea Panda Teether
The Hevea Panda Teether is a solid rubber teether made to be safe and nontoxic for babies to gum on. It’s a simple design that is super easy to clean. Babies seem to love chomping on this panda-shaped teether. It’s a little more expensive than the average teether, but parents who care about materials may be willing to fork over the extra cash because it is made out of natural rubber instead of petroleum-based ingredients. This product is not meant to be put in the freezer. Some consumers report an oily residue and a rubbery smell when they first open the package the teether comes in.
- Made from natural rubber
- Easy to clean
- Safe and nontoxic
- More expensive
- Cannot be put in the freezer
- Some consumers report an oily residue and rubbery smell upon receipt
16. Safety 1st Mombella Ellie Elephant Teether
The Safety 1st Mombella Ellie Elephant Teether is a soft silicone teether shaped like an elephant. It has a textured end for chewing/sucking that soothes sore gums; it also has an anti-choking shield. However, babies are able to suck on the opposite end (the “legs”), which can cause gagging if baby is able to get the entire thing in her mouth. This product is dishwasher and freezer safe, so it cleans up easily and can be frozen for maximum soothing. Some consumers complain that the soft silicone material is a magnet for dust and hair. This teether is an Amazon add-on item.
- Perfect size for small hands and easy to grip
- Dishwasher and freezer safe
- Different textures stimulate touch and soothe tender gums
- Amazon add-on item
- When baby chews on the legs, can cause gagging
- Material tends to attract hair and dust
17. Malarkey Kids Munch Mitt
The Malarkey Kids Munch Mitt is an innovative teething solution—it’s a teether attached to a mitten that closes with Velcro, keeping it always within baby’s reach. It makes a fun crinkly sound that is delightful to babies while simultaneously protecting baby’s hands from constant chewing and saliva. This teether is made from flexible 100% food-grade silicone, which feels good on baby’s sensitive gums. At $16.99, it is one of the more expensive teethers. The mitt is designed for babies ages three months to seven months, so if you have an early teether or an older baby who needs teething relief, this product may not be as useful. Also, due to the design of the product, it may not fit all babies perfectly, which can make it more difficult to use.
- Glove attaches with Velcro so baby can’t lose it
- Protects baby’s hands from constant chewing and saliva
- Teether is made from flexible 100% food-grade silicone to provide soothing relief for sore gums
- Not as useful for babies over seven months
- Depending on baby’s size, it can run small or large, making it difficult to use
18. Bright Starts Snuggle Teether
The Bright Starts Snuggle Teether is a plush animal-character toy and teether with a crinkly belly and teething feet. The soft body is meant to provide comfort and also means that it’s very safe for baby. The price is relatively inexpensive, but be warned that the product comes with only one of the characters and you don’t get to choose which one (elephant or giraffe). Due to the product being made of fabric, this teether is somewhat difficult to clean, but some consumers have reported putting it in the washing machine with no ill effects. In general, it doesn’t seem to be the most exciting toy for babies, as many consumers report their babies not being interested in it or preferring other toys.
- This teether has a soft plush body with a crinkly belly to provide multiple textures for baby to enjoy
- Textured teether feet soothe sore gums
- Comes with one character only, and you don’t get to pick which one
- Somewhat difficult to clean
- Some consumers report babies just not interested in this toy
19. SweeTooth Baby Teether
The SweeTooth Baby Teether in this super cute ice cream cone shape is infused with a subtle vanilla scent and includes multiple textures (cone is firmer while ice cream is softer), allowing for different teething modes and exploration. This product is made in the USA from safe, nontoxic materials and food-grade silicone. It’s also dishwasher and freezer safe, so you can get it very cold to aid in the teething process and you can also toss it into the dishwasher for a quick clean. Because it is made from soft silicone, it does tend to attract dust and hair. Some consumers report the product is smaller than expected. (See the video below to see it in action and get an idea for the size.) It’s also on the expensive side, but due to it being made in the USA out of quality materials, it may be worth the extra cost.
- Adorable ice cream design with subtle vanilla scent and multiple textures for teething and exploration
- Made in the USA from safe, nontoxic materials and food-grade silicone
- Freezer and dishwasher safe
- Smaller than expected
- Silicone surface attracts dust and hair
20. Silicone Sensory Teething Rings from Bonbino (Set of Four)
The Silicone Sensory Teething Rings from Bonbino are multi-textured and come in a pack of four; the set includes a free ebook (worth $10) that gives advice and ideas for how to deal with baby teething. In addition to being a teether, this product has raised ridges that allow baby to develop her sense of touch. Bonbino provides a money-back guarantee within the first 60 days after receiving the product if you are not completely satisfied. Some consumers report the rings are larger than expected and can tend to be too large for baby to fit in her mouth. Other consumers say that their babies are just not interested in this product and prefer other teethers. This product is only sold in a set of four, so if you want to just test out one ring, that could be an issue.
Price: $14.97 (for four)
- Set comes with a free ebook worth $10 to give ideas and advice on baby teething
- The raised ridges allow baby to develop her sense of touch, which is vital for baby’s spatial development
- Money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with product
- Somewhat larger than expected
- Some consumers report babies are just not interested
- Only available in set of four