#BREAKING Bomb squad just detonated the suspicious item found at Indianapolis federal building. A woman is being questioned.
— WTHR.com (@WTHRcom) June 24, 2013
A loud explosion was heard this afternoon at the Federal Building in Indianapolis — during an evacuation prompted by a suspicious backpack.
Here’s what we know about this breaking news story.
Workers evacuate the Minton-Capehart Federal Building Downtown as police check suspicious bag. Photo: @VittiJoe http://buy.geni.us/Proxy.ashx?dtb=1&tsid=25800&GR_URL=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FM5voEda5bi
— Indianapolis Star (@indystar) June 24, 2013
1. One woman is being questioned. She may be the owner of the suspicious bag.
2. The explosion was described as “huge” — but it was reportedly the result of a bomb squad detonating the contents of the backpack, which included fireworks.
Huge explosion just came from Federal Building #Indy sounded like detonation possibly fireworks. People pretty shaken up.
— Clara Ritger (@clararitger) June 24, 2013
3. The bag reportedly contained drug paraphernalia as well as fireworks. It’s believed at this time that the fireworks produced the loud explosive sound.
4. Another suspicious bag caused alarm this afternoon blocks away at the federal courthouse.
5. Workers are now returning to the building.