August 14 will go down in Egypt’s history.
Brutal clashes between pro-Morsi protesters and riot police have left more than 100 dead and over a thousand injured. Anarchic violence seems to be corroding the already shaky foundations of Egypt’s interim government which took power after Mohammed Morsi was dramatically ousted from the presidency in July. Blood pours through the streets as does the uncertainty over Egypt’s political future.
Videos and photos that have surged out of the torn country give a glimpse into its chaos. The shocking images of burnt corpses, dark billowing smoke and bloodied civilians are reminiscent of a country at war.
Watch the top videos coming from Egypt below:
.@soltanlife IN CAIRO REPORTS: 10 HOURS OF ONGOING GUNFIRE. SMELL OF BLOOD EVERYWHERE. TEAR GAS EVERYWHERE. PEOPLE WITH GAS MASKS EVERYWHERE
— Operator (@911BUFF) August 14, 2013
1. Protesters Push Police Car Off of Bridge
2. Report Indicates Pro-Morsi Protesters Are Fighting Back With Arms
3. WARNING GRAPHIC: The Dead, Dying and Wounded Crowd Into Clinic
4. Bulldozers Dismantle Protest Camps
5. Raw Video From the Streets of Cairo