Since going free-to-play, Fortnite: Battle Royale has received a steady stream of updates and this next update adds in a much asked about feature: leaderboards. When the game launched we were left without a Duos playlist, leaderboards, stats, voice chat and much more. A previous update added in stats and the Duos playlist and now we are receiving leaderboards and some new Halloween themed stuff.
We now have the option to customize our characters by purchasing skins through what’s called the Locker. Players will have the option of selecting between skins for their glider, harvesting tool and their outfit. None of the skins will have any effect on the game but you will look a bit cooler than everyone else.
Seasons are being introduced with this update and those will give players a good chance to earn additional gear and have a sense of progression in the game. The first season will give players the chance to level up to 100 with the level being displayed on their banner. Here’s what is says it the patch notes:
- Seasons will give the player a chance to level-up their character and earn unique seasonal rewards and banner flair.
- The first season will give players a chance to level up to 100, with player level displayed on their banner.
- Banner flair is awarded in levels 2-49, giving players an additional way to show off their mastery.
- There are 2 unique rewards that will be provided in the first season. These will only be earned by seasonal progress and cannot be obtained by other methods at this time:
- Level 10 – Unique seasonal banner
- Level 25 – Unique seasonal glider
- Players can boost their seasonal levels by participating in Daily Challenges.
- A new challenge will be provided each day with the ability to have up to 3 active challenges in total
- Completing Daily Challenges will provide the player with seasonal level XP
A new healing item is rolling out with this patch as well called the Slurp Juice. This new consumable will allow players to regenerate health and shield at one point per second over 25 seconds. You will also be able to stack up to two of these. It’s worth noting that one of these will heal you from 75 health to 100.
A few additional quality of life changes are being made to help move the game along quicker. You’ll no longer have to click on ammo or building materials to pick them up but you’ll instead pick them up by walking over them now. This means you won’t have to worry about carefully selecting what to pick up anymore.
You can check out the full list of patch notes for Fortnite update 1.8 right here. The update will hit some time tomorrow, October 26.
Discuss on Facebook