Frozen 2 is now available on Disney Plus on March 6, 2020. The sequel to Frozen was released three months early to help people stuck at home because of the coronavirus.
And best of all, you can stream Frozen 2 free with a 7-day Disney Plus free trial.
Frozen 2 is the long-awaited sequel to the explosively popular movie Frozen.
Here’s what you need to know about streaming Frozen 2:
Stream ‘Frozen 2’ On PC/Mac
- 1. Sign up for Disney+ here
- 2. In your browser of choice (we recommend Microsoft Edge if you’re looking for 4K, Google Chrome otherwise), navigate to Disneyplus.com
- 3. Enter your login credentials
- 4. Click Login
- 5. Browse or search for ‘Frozen 2’
- 6. Select ‘Frozen 2’
- 7. Select Episode 3
- 8. Select Play
Stream ‘Frozen 2’ On Roku Devices
- 1. Order Disney Plus
- 2. Boot up your Roku Device
- 3. Navigate to your Roku Home Screen
- 4. Scroll down and select Streaming Channels on the left side of the screen
- 5. Select Search Channels in the menu on the left side of the screen
- 6. Enter ‘Disney Plus’
- 7. Select Disney Plus
- 8. Select Add Channel at the top of your screen
- 9. Browse the Channel
Stream ‘Frozen 2’ On Fire TV
- 1. From the Main Screen, select Search.
- 2. Type ‘Disney Plus’ into the search box
- 3. Select Disney Plus
- 4. Select Download/Free
- 5. After the Disney Plus app downloads, select the Open button
- 6. Sign In
- 7. Enter your Disney Plus account information (email address and password)
- 8. Browse to ‘Frozen 2’
- 9. Select Episode 3
- 10. Select Play
Stream ‘Frozen 2’ On Xbox One
- 1. Turn on Your Xbox One
- 2. Sign in to your Xbox Live Profile
- 3. From your Xbox Home Screen, hit the Y Button to bring up Search
- 4. Type in ‘Disney Plus’
- 5. Hit the A Button to go to Disney Plus on the Microsoft Store
- 6. A buzz video/trailer will start auto-playing. Ignore it and hit down on your left thumbstick
- 7. Select GET and push the A Button (Disney Plus will begin downloading)
- 8. When the download is done, you’ll get an Xbox notification at the bottom of your screen. When that happens, hold the middle Xbox button on your controller to open the app.
- 9. Sign in to Disney Plus using your credentials
- 10. Browse to ‘Frozen 2’
- 11. Select Episode 3
- 12. Select Play
Stream ‘Frozen 2’ On PS4
- 1. Turn on Your PS4
- 2. Go to the PlayStation Store
- 3. Select Search
- 4. Search for ‘Disney Plus’
- 5. Select Disney Plus
- 6. Click Download underneath the picture on the lefthand side of your screen
- 7. Navigate to TV & Video icon and select the Disney Plus app
- 8. Sign in to Disney Plus using your credentials
- 9. Browse to ‘Frozen 2’
- 10. Select Episode 3
- 11. Select Play
About ‘Frozen 2’
Frozen 2 was expected to be released on Disney Plus on Sunday, March 15, likely very early in the morning. But in a surprise move, Disney released the movie early for U.S. subscribers on Saturday night, March 14. It’s already dropped, if you want to catch the movie. This was after announcing that they were dropping the movie three months earlier than anticipated.
International subscribers can start watching the movie on March 17, 2020. International subscribers include Canada, the Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand.
Disney decided to drop Frozen 2 three months early to help people who need something else to focus on during the pandemic. In a press release, Bob Chapek, Disney’s new CEO, said: “Frozen 2 has captivated audiences around the world through its powerful themes of perseverance and the importance of family, messages that are incredibly relevant during this time, and we are pleased to be able to share this heartwarming story early with our Disney+ subscribers to enjoy at home on any device.”
Frozen 2 is still showing in some theaters, but many people are preferring to watch at home right now because of coronavirus concerns and closures.
Disclaimer: Heavy Inc. has affiliate relationships with various streaming content providers and may receive a commission if you sign up for a service via a link on this page.