One of the things that cannabis growers often struggle with is providing a uniform environment for their plants to grow in. Cannabis requires a very specific growing environment when it comes to ventilation, lighting, watering schedule, temperature and humidity. You can be successful if you grow outdoors with strains that are accustomed to your climate, or with the correct equipment you can grow any strain indoors. You may be able to dedicate an entire room or closet for your grow op, depending on how much space you have available. Enclosed spaces with good ventilation are perfect for grow ops, such as closets, spare rooms, garages, etc. You can purchase all of your equipment separately for a custom operation, or can even find ready-made hydroponic growing systems with everything you need to set up your grow op in less than a day.
If you cannot dedicate a closed space, you might suffer in yield or quality when it comes time to harvest because you were not able to keep the environment consistent. Grow tents are the most popular option for solving this problem. They are easy to set up and take down and are lightweight, so they can be moved to a new location quickly and easily.
If you are looking for a more professional and discreet option, grow cabinets are the way to go. Grow cabinets essentially create a miniature closet that allows complete customization of the environment inside. This way you can meet the specific needs of your cannabis strains throughout their entire growing cycle. The great thing about grow cabinets is that they are discreet, lockable and extremely durable. There are a number of grow cabinets available online to choose from. For your convenience, in this list we have selected the top five that are most suitable for home or professional growers.
1. Dealzer Cash Crop 5.0
The Cash Crop 5.0 is the latest grow box from Dealzer. It comes in two sizes, either two feet tall or three feet tall. This grow box comes with everything you need to grow six plants except for the clones! It is made of durable steel with a strong and lockable door. The box comes with an LED light that is suitable for both flowering and vegetative growth stages, as well as a plastic tray to place your plants in. The box is lined on the inside with reflective mylar sheeting for maximum lighting coverage. It comes in discreet packaging with easy to follow set up instructions to get you started. This cabinet could easily fit into any living space for a low key grow op. It even comes with a lifetime warranty and technical support.
Price: $500 to $570 depending on size, with free shipping
Watch a video all about the Dealzer Cash Crop grow box here.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- You can lock the door for more security
- Comes with lights, fan and grow tray
- One of the least expensive grow cabinets on this list
- Very discreet and does not take up a lot of space
- Does not come with nutrient solution or other materials you will need for watering your plants
- On the smaller side, only holds six small plants
- The fan that is included is loud
2. SuperCloset SuperLocker 3.0
SuperCloset’s Grow Box system is the top of the line in grow cabinets. It is made of 16 gauge steel and is completely secure, lockable and fireproof. It comes equipped with LED lights in 12 band “perfect spectrum” lighting and supplemental T5 side lighting as well, which is great if you will be cloning your own cannabis plants. as well as fans, filters, a starter kit of nutrients, and all of the equipment you need to easily set it up as a fully automated grow op. You can use this cabinet to grow seedlings and clones, or you can grow flowering plants just as easily. The manufacturers claim that the set up is so easy, you can start growing within one and a half hours of receiving the discreetly packaged box in the mail. It also comes with a three year warranty and lifetime technical and grow support.
Price: $1,999 with free shipping
Watch a full review of the SuperCloset here
- Includes everything you need to get started on your grow op – lights, fans, nutrients, etc.
- Comes with state of the art LED lighting
- Free supplemental T5 lighting for cloning cannabis plants
- 3 year warranty and lifetime tech and grow support
- More expensive than other grow cabinets
- The cabinet is tall and not as easily hidden as others
- The nutrients included are not organic
3. Supercloset Superbox
This compact system from Supercloset is a great option if you want top of the line quality with a much smaller footprint. This grow box is made of 16 gauge steel and is fully lockable and fireproof. You can fit it in any room, closet or corner in your house without anyone ever knowing what is inside. You can grow up to 10 cannabis plants in this system using the included red spectrum 200 watt fluorescent light. The lights are in a standard socket, so if you choose to change to another type of CFL or HID light it is super easy.. This kit comes included with everything you need to get started, including fans, filters, nutrients, TDS meter, rockwool cubes and hydroton rocks. You can get this system set up and growing within 90 minutes of receiving your package.
Price: $989 with free shipping
Watch an unboxing video of a SuperBox here.
- Quick and easy set up
- Secure and discreet, fits in any room in your house
- Smaller footprint than other systems
- Comes with everything you need to get started growing right away
- The lighting included is only red spectrum
- Some reviewers claim the box seems cheaply made
- Some reviewers had their kit arrive with broken light bulbs
4. Hydroponic Speaker Box
The Hydroponic Speaker Box is a brilliant solution for anyone who wants a truly hidden grow op in their home. The stealthy design of this grow box looks like a regular wooden speaker, but inside it is a fully stocked hydroponics operation. This is a complete set up with everything you need to get started growing cannabis right away, straight out of the box. The shipping box is also discreet, so you do not have to worry about any nosy people getting into your business when it arrives. The box contains ventilation with a carbon filter to eliminate odors as well as grow lights and a tray with grow medium already loaded and ready for your clones.
Watch a video about stealth grow ops in speaker boxes here.
- Very discreet, looks just like a wooden speaker box
- Includes lights and fans
- Less expensive than other options
- Is shipped in discreet packaging
- No warranty
- Does not include nutrient solution
- Only ships to USA
Get the most out of your hydroponics grow operation by customizing and automating your grow room's temperature, humidity and CO2 levels using a master environmental controller.Click here to read more
5. Grandma’s Secret Garden
Grandma’s Secret Garden by Dealzer is a fully automated hydroponic grow system with room enough for nine plants. You can easily grow high yields of cannabis in this compact grow box, which is around the same size as a mini fridge and could fit into similar areas of your home or office. The system comes with 6500k grow bulbs and 2700k flowering bulbs, so you have use it for all stages of plant development. The lighting system can be raised and lowered inside the secure box as your plants grow. This system also comes with an air pump and bubbler for your reservoir, and an inline fan with carbon filter. The dimensions of this grow cabinet are 36″ Tall x 20″ Wide x 16.5″ Deep
- Compact and secure but still large enough for 9 plants
- Comes with fan, filter and lighting
- Lifetime tech support included
- Does not come with rockwool, grow pots, etc. that are needed to grow cannabis
- Reviewers mentioned that the fan is loud
- Charcoal filter does not eliminate odor 100%