An “active-harmer” was reported on the campus of the University of Colorado in Boulder on the afternoon of October 5. The incident comes just a few hours after police shot an apparently machete-wielding man on the campus. The “active-harmer” report was later revealed to have been a hoax.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. There Have Been No Reports of Any Injuries
2. The Public Have Been Advised to Avoid the Area Around the University Memorial Center
3. In Addition to the Police Shooting; There Had Been Reports of an Active Gunman on Campus
4. The Machete-Wielding Man Was Reportedly ‘Looking for Sinners’
5. These Incidents Come as the Country Is on Edge Over the ‘Creepy Clown’ Epidemic
CNN reports that creepy clowns have been reported in “at least 10 different states” in the run-up to Halloween. On September 30, a woman in Cincinnati reported being attacked by a man in a clown costume. ABC News reported on October 4 that the White House had said that the creepy clown epidemic should be taken “seriously.”