Here is your live recap of “Dancing With the Stars” season 31 finale, which features two dances from each of the four remaining couples. The dance styles and songs are listed below and follow along as we recap the judges’ comments and scores, but be warned of spoilers.
Don’t keep reading if you don’t want to be spoiled.
The fourth-place couple was Shangela and Gleb Savchenko, followed by Wayne Brady and Witney Carson in third place. Gabby Windey and Val Chmerkovskiy took second place, with Charli D’Amelio and Mark Ballas winning the Mirrorball. This is Mark Ballas’ third win; he is the first pro other than Derek Hough to win three times (Hough has six wins). Ballas previously won in season six with figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi and season eight with gymnast Shawn Johnson.
Shangela & Gleb Savchenko, Quickstep
Shangela and Gleb performed a redemption quickstep to “Queen Bee” by Rochelle Diamante. They did a sassy, fabulous job, didn’t miss a step. “The redemption dance is all about seeing improvement and the improvement was vast,” gushed judge Len Goodman. The earned straight 9s for a 36 out of 40.
Wayne Brady & Witney Carson, Quickstep
Wayne and Witney danced a redemption quickstep to “(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher” by Jackie Wilson. They did a great job, though the judges wanted to see more movement in the dance and they got a little out of sync in the side-by-side section. They earned four 9s for a 36 out of 40.
Charli D’Amelio & Mark Ballas, Jive
Charli and Mark performed perform a redemption jive to “Grown” by Little Mix and they absolutely nailed it. Charli has done exceptionally well all season, but Carrie Ann was right — her jive was not her strongest dance and this one was spectacular. They earned a perfect 40 out of 40.
Gabby Windey & Val Chmerkovskiy, Cha Cha
Gabby and Val danced a redemption cha cha to “I Like It (Like That)” by Pete Rodriguez. This cha cha was so much more fluid than their first one — Gabby has really grown as a dancer, even though she started from a very solid place. But her growth was so apparent over the season. They earned a perfect 40 as well.
Wayne & Witney, Freestyle
For their freestyle, Wayne and Witney danced to “Get Up / 24K Magic” by Ciara ft. Chamillionaire / Bruno Mars and it was a super funky modern banger of a dance. Wayne really got to show off his moves. “A perfect freestyle!” said Derek Hough. They earned a 40 out of 40.
Charli & Mark, Freestyle
For their freestyle, they danced to “Us Again” by Pinar Toprak. Their dance was a very classic freestyle, lots of ballroom and fun tricks. “I’ve gotta say, listen, no one, as far as I know, has got 10s six weeks running. You have from me. This is the culmination of everything. Fantastic choreography,” said Goodman. They earn a 40 out of 40.
Gabby & Val, Freestyle
For their freestyle, Gabby and Val danced to to “Cell Block Tango” from Chicago and it was spectacular. It’s super sexy and full of ballroom moves, though at the end, it looked like Gabby’s shoe got caught in her dress and they had trouble finishing the dance. That stinks. But they earn a 40 out of 40 anyway.
Shangela & Gleb, Freestyle
Earlier in the season, Gleb teased that he might perform in drag for the finale and he did not disappoint on this dance to “Survivor / Call Me Mother” by Destiny’s Child / RuPaul. They both wore drag and it was amazing. The whole number was insane in the best way and Shangela brought the fire. It was so mesmerizing, Len Goodman forgot to vote. They earn 40 out of 40.
The Dance Styles & Song List
- Actor and singer Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson are paired with judge Len Goodman and will perform a redemption quickstep to “(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher” by Jackie Wilson
- TikTok star Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas are paired with judge Carrie Ann Inaba and will perform a redemption jive to “Grown” by Little Mix
- Drag queen superstar Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenkoare paired with Judge Bruno Tonioli and will perform a redemption quickstep to “Queen Bee” by Rochelle Diamante
- Gabby Windey (“The Bachelorette”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy are paired with judge Derek Hough and will perform a redemption cha cha to “I Like It (Like That)” by Pete Rodriguez
- Wayne and Witney will perform a Freestyle to “Get Up / 24K Magic” by Ciara ft. Chamillionaire / Bruno Mars
- Charli and Mark will perform a Freestyle to “Us Again” by Pinar Toprak
- Shangela and Gleb will perform a Freestyle to “Survivor / Call Me Mother” by Destiny’s Child / RuPaul
- Gabby and Val will perform a Freestyle to “Cell Block Tango” from Chicago
“Dancing With the Stars” airs Monday nights at 8 p.m. Eastern and 5 p.m. Pacific time on Disney Plus.