Prepare to be shocked. WWE hasn’t released too many of their Superstars lately…until now.
The night before, rumors ran rampant that the world’s biggest wrestling company was in the process of letting a few of their talented wrestlers go. Once the day started rolling (May 6, 2016), the rumors turned out to be true. Some of the names we spotted don’t surprise us at all, while a few of them disappoint us due to the released talent’s untapped potential not being fulfilled during their roster stay. If any more names get announced, we’ll make sure to place them on this list and keep you all updated.
Check out the list below to see who’s no longer wrestling for the WWE for 2016:
• He was still working for WWE all this time? That’s a shock. Welp, we never liked the guy anyways. We did enjoy that WeeLC match he had with El Torito, though.
2. Alex Riley
• Alex Riley is a guy that we actually enjoyed watching. His return to the WWE via NXT was actually entertaining. He put out some great promos while he was down there and developed a new look/persona that exhibited his “raging” personality traits. Sad to see him go…
3. Zeb Colter
• Zeb Colter aka Dutch Mantel is a wrestler/manager who’s been around the world of wrestling since 1972. His managerial run alongside Jack Swagger was awesome while it lasted, but his partnership with the returning Alberto Del Rio…well, sucked. He worked as a backstage producer/writer/agent for TNA a few years back. Why couldn’t WWE allow Colter to work the same roles for them. This release is one of the more puzzling to us.
4. El Torito
• When the Los Matadores tag team concept was put in the grave, we knew it was only a matter of time before their bull companion also got the axe. El Torito once wrestled as Mascarita Dorada during his time down in Mexico. We know he’s going to return to that gimmick now that he’s a free agent. He should totally pay a visit to Lucha Underground.
Wells it’s been a pretty intense few days to say the least. I appreciate the outpouring of love and support that I have received today. I would like to take the time to appropriately thank all the fans and the WWE but before I take my final bow, let me throw back a few and take this all in lol! Stay tuned for my full statement..
• “GIRL, BYE!” Thank God we no longer have to hear that annoying catchphrase. She never improved in the ing (remember when she tried to pin Naomi by laying on her back? Idiot…) and she was nothing more than a pretty face with no talent behind it. Why did WWE hire her in the first place? Anyways, we think Cameron’s co-sign of Ryback’s recent WWE complaints probably has something to do with her release. “Amen, brother!” is a quote she may always regret.
Head on over to the next page to read about more of 2016’s WWE releases.