Muhammad Ali’s funeral procession will visit landmarks in Louisville, Kentucky that were important to the boxing legend. The procession starts at 9 a.m. Eastern, before his funeral which begins at 2 p.m. But where will the procession be and what places will it stop?
Here is what you need to know.
The funeral procession is estimated to last 90 minutes. The motorcade will consist of 17 cars and will end at the Cave Hill cemetery. The public is welcome to come and watch the procession, but the stop at the cemetery is closed to the public.
According to the Ali Center, this is how the procession will proceed:
- Bardstown Road North from 4501 to the Watterson Expressway Westbound
- Watterson Expressway Westbound to I-65 Northbound
- I-65 Northbound to I-64 Westbound
- 9th Street – From I-64 to Muhammad Ali Boulevard
- Muhammad Ali Boulevard from Ninth Street to 34th Street
- 34th Street from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Grand Avenue
- Grand Avenue from 34th to 32nd
- 32nd Street from Grand Avenue to Broadway
- Broadway from 32nd to Cave Hill Cemetery entrance
The procession will pass through places that were significant to Ali, including the Ali Center, his childhood home, and the Kentucky Center for African American Heritage.
To learn more about Ali, please see: