The 2017 ESPYs airs tonight on ABC at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT with Peyton Manning as the host. Athletes and members of the sports community gather to honor achievements over the past year. But, if you can’t get to a TV or don’t have cable to watch the show, below are your options to legally stream tonight’s awards online or on your mobile device.
Watch the ESPYs on ESPN3 Via the ESPN Website or WatchESPN App
The ESPYs on ESPN3 will stream at Espn.com/watch. If you choose the option that says “2017 ESPYs” on ESPN3, you only have to be logged into an affiliated internet service provider — rather than a pay TV provider — to watch a live stream.
Just like with desktop, you must have an affiliated internet service provider to watch the stream.
If your internet service provider is not a participating partner, read on for another way to stream the ESPYs:
Watch the ESPYs ABC Broadcast Via a Streaming Service With a Free Trial
ABC is available in many major U.S. markets via over-the-top streaming services, which let you to stream select channels for a monthly fee. Sling TV has the lowest price, while DirecTV Now offers ABC in more markets than Sling. Both services offer free trials, enabling you to watch tonight’s show for free.
Read on for signup details — and how to make sure ABC is available in your market before you sign up.
The Cheaper Option: Sling TV
Viewers in certain United States TV markets can watch tonight’s show through Sling TV.
Sling’s Broadcast Extra package, which includes ABC, is available in the Chicago, Fresno-Visalia, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham and San Francisco TV markets.
Sling’s basic package costs $20 per month once the free trial ends, and the Broadcast Extra add-on, which you can add after you’ve created your account, costs an extra $5, for a total of $25. But if you’re in one of the TV markets listed above and want to watch the show for free, you can do so with the free 7-day trial.
How to sign up:
2. Select either the Orange or Blue package. The Orange package is the cheapest at $20.
3. Enter your billing information and create an account. You will not be charged until after you’ve completed the free 7-day trial.
4. Once you’ve created your account, click on the icon next to the “sign out” button in the top-right corner of your screen. Once you’ve clicked on the icon, click the blue “change subscription” link.
5. Click on “Best of Live TV Extras,” then scroll down to the Broadcast Extra add-on and click “add.”
6. Download the Sling app on your computer or mobile device and begin watching TV. You can find the Sling app in the App store or the Google Play store. It’s also available on other streaming devices; you can go here for a full list of compatible devices.
The Most Markets: DirecTV Now
To see if DirectTV offers ABC in your market, go here and enter your zipcode in the “lookup tool.”
How to sign up:
2. Click on “Start your free trial now” and then create an account.
3. Select the channel package you want. The least expensive option, “Live a Little,” includes ABC.
4. Enter your payment information. If you cancel your subscription within seven days of signing up, you will not be charged.
5. Return to the DirecTV Now website to start watching on your desktop. You can also watch via the DirecTV Now app, which is available on various mobile or streaming devices. Go here for the complete list of compatible devices