The Los Angeles Lakers return to the crypto.com Arena to take on the Washington Wizards on Friday night.
The Lakers come in as the favorite and if you’re looking to get into the online sports betting scene to place a wager on the game, FanDuel Sportsbook has a risk-free bet promotion for new users up to $1,000.
If you’re new to FanDuel, a partner of Heavy, all you need to do to take advantage of this promotion is to create an account and place a real-money wager on any sporting event of your choice. If your bet doesn’t win, your account will be issued site credit in the amount of your wager up to $1,000.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Create a FanDuel Sportsbook account.
- Make your first deposit of at least $10.
- Place a real-money wager on any sporting event of your choosing.
*This offer is for new users making their first bet on FanDuel Sportsbook only*
To take advantage of this promotion, you don’t need to place your first wager on the Lakers-Wizards game as you can choose any bet FanDuel offers, including point spreads, over-unders, moneylines, props, teasers, and more. And it can be on any sport.
But if you do want to place your initial bet on the Los Angeles-Washington matchup, let’s take a peek at the teams’ most recent betting trends and latest odds.
Lakers-Wizards Betting Odds
Odds from FanDuel Sportsbook
Point Spread: Lakers -4.5
Moneyline: Lakers -186 & Wizards +156
The Lakers are 28-37 straight up (SU) on the season and 19-16 in home games, while the Wizards are 29-35 with a 12-18 on the road. LAL are 21-17 as a favorite; Washington is 12-15 as an underdog.
The Lakers have a 27-38 record against the spread (ATS) and 14-21 at home. The Wizards are 25-36-3 ATS overall and 10-19-1 in away contests.
When it comes to the over/under (O/U), the Lakers are 36-29 overall (19-16 home) and the Wizards are 33-29-2 on the season (13-16-1 away).
Lakers-Wizards Recent Betting Trends
Betting trends provided by Odds Shark
- Lakers are 1-6 ATS in their past 7 games
- Total has gone UNDER in 5 of the Lakers’ past 7 games vs. Wizards
- Lakers are 1-6 SU in their past 7 games
- Total has gone UNDER in 4 of the Lakers’ past 5 home games
- Lakers are 6-2 ATS in their past 8 games vs. Southeast Division opponents
- Wizards are 4-2 ATS in their past 6 games vs. Lakers
- Total has gone OVER in 6 of the Wizards’ past 7 games
- Wizards are 6-14 SU straight up in their past 20 games
- Total has gone UNDER in 6 of the Wizards’ past 8 road games
- Wizards are 12-4 SU in their past 16 games vs. Lakers
Lakers-Wizards Head-to-Head This Season
This is the first meeting between the Lakers and Wizards this season. They’ll also play March 19 in Washington.
The Wizards have won 7 of the past 10 contests against the Lakers, including 2 of the past 3.
Where Can I Bet With FanDuel Sportsbook?
There are currently 14 states where FanDuel Sportsbook has launched and legal to bet online.
Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia are states that have legalized online betting with the FanDuel Sportsbook.
You must be physically present in one of those states and at least 21 years old to bet online with FanDuel.