Rockhold Defends, Marquardt Wins Title at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy
Two titles were on the line in Portland, Oregon last night as Strikeforce took to the cage with four main card fights that aired on Showitme. Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold retained his title, winning all but one frame against a very tough Tim Kennedy. Rockhold was able to get the better of Kennedy in all aspects of the fight and improves his career mark to 10-1.
UFC veteran Nate Marquardt made his Strikeforce and welterweight debut when he challenged Tyron Woodley for the vacant Strikeforce welterweight belt. Marquardt showed no ring rust after a 16-month layoff, outpointing Woodley on the feet which culminated in a highlight reel combination knockout.
– Middleweight Championship: Luke Rockhold def. Tim Kennedy via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
– Welterweight Championship: Nate Marquardt def. Tyron Woodley via knockout at 1:39 of round 4
– Roger Gracie def. Keith Jardine via unanimous decision (29-27, 30-27, 30-26)
– Lorenz Larkin def. Robbie Lawler via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
– Pat Healy def. Mizuto Hirota via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
– Ryan Couture def. Joe Duarte via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
– Jorge Masvidal def. Justin Wilcox via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
– Jordan Mein def. Tyler Stinson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
– Jason High def. Nate Moore via guillotine choke at 0:26 of round 1