The Nevada State Athletic Commission released medical suspensions for nine fighters who competed at the January 2 event, UFC 125.
MMAjunkie.com requested, received, and reported the list earlier today.
While less than half of the fighters received medical suspensions following their bouts, six fighters have been suspended nearly six months. Frankie Edgar, who fought to a draw against Gray Maynard in the evenings main event has been suspended until July 1, as have Brandon Vera, Marcus Davis, Josh Grispi, Phil Baroni, and Greg Soto. However, all six could be cleared by doctors to return earlier.
The details can be found below:
– Frankie Edgar: Suspended until July 1 due to nasal fracture.
– Brandon Vera: Suspended until July 1 due to nasal fracture.
– Marcus Davis: Suspended until July 1 due to nasal fracture.
– Phil Baroni: Suspended until July 1 due to nasal fracture.
– Josh Grispi: Suspended until July 1 due to a jaw injury.
– Greg Soto: Suspended until July 1 due to a shoulder injury.
– Gray Maynard: Suspended until February 26 due to facial lacerations.
– Chris Leben: Suspended until February 26 for precautionary reasons.
– Diego Nunes: Suspended until January 23 due to a left eye contusion.
Take a look back at the UFC’s first event of 2010 with the UFC 125: Complete Coverage Guide.