The Kincade Fire is now 66,231 acres in size after having just started in the early morning hours of October 24. It’s one of many fires burning in California right now. The fire is now 5 percent contained as of October 28. Here are the latest evacuation details, maps and updates about the fire.
Kincade Fire Evacuation Details & Maps
The map below is an evacuation and road closure map provided by Sonoma County that is being kept updated and is your best source for evacuation updates. See the full map here. Remember that evacuation details can change quickly, so stay tuned to local sources provided at the end of this article and the map immediately below for the latest updates. Evacuation areas in the map below are shaded in blue.
Mandatory evacuation orders include the following as of October 28 at 9 a.m., according to Sonoma County. About 185,000 residents are under evacuation orders.
- All of Zones 1-10
- Zone 1: Geyserville
- Zone 2: Knights Valley
- Zone 3: Healdsburg and Windsor
- Zone 4: Dry Creek Valley
- Zone 5: Mark West, Larkfield, and Wikiup
- Zone 6: NE Santa Rosa including Fountaingrove, Oakmont, Rincon Valley
- Zone 7: Forestville, Guerneville, Duncans Mills, Jenner, Bodega Bay, Occidental
- Zone 8: Sebastopol and Valley Ford
- Zone 9: Coffey Park and Santa Rosa north of Guerneville Rd/Steele Lane
- Zone 10: West of Stony Point Road between Guerneville Road and Ludwig Ave.
The following evacuation centers are open as of 8:44 a.m. on October 28. You might want to call first to confirm. They are all small animal friendly, no identification is needed, and ICE will not have access to the shelters. The information is being updated on SoCo’s emergency site here.
- Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building
1351 Maple Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds
1350 Bennett Valley Rd, Santa Rosa
- Petaluma Community Center
320 N McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954
- Muir Memory Care
750 N McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954
- Iglesia Cristiana
1129 Industrial Ave #104, Petaluma, CA 94952
- Napa Valley Expo
575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559
- CrossWalk Community Church Napa
2590 1st St Napa, CA 94558
- St. Mary’s Cathedral
1111 Gough St, San Francisco, CA 94109
- Calvary Chapel Church
1955 South McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954
Open shelters for large animals:
- Alameda County Fairgrounds
4501 Pleasanton Ave, Pleasanton, CA 94566
- Petaluma Fairgrounds
100 Fairgrounds Dr, Petaluma
If evacuating, SoCo emergency says to bring:
- Pets, critical pet supplies (medications, food, pet carrier)
- A change of clothes and sturdy shoes
- Medications and copies of all prescriptions
- Copies of important documents (e.g. ID, insurance cards, deeds, passport)
- Extra eye glasses, batteries for hearing aids
- Credit cards, ATM, and cash
- Cell phones and chargers
If you need evacuation and can’t reach the locations, call 707-573-3377. For non-emergency evac information, call 211.
Kincade Fire Location & Containment
On October 28, Cal Fire reported that the Kincade Fire was now 66,231 acres in size and only 5 percent contained. At least 49 structures have been destroyed in the fire.
The Kincade Fire started on October 24 around 4:26 a.m. near John Kincade Road and Burned Mountain Road, just northeast of Geyersville, according to CA.gov. Red Flag conditions with high winds and dry ground are helping the fire grow so quickly.
A satellite hotspot map is below provided by MappingSupport.com. This is not a real-time map, but shows where the fire burned about three hours ago. Joseph Elfelt notes in a tweet: “Map has lots of #GIS layers you can turn on/off/restack. Need help using the map? Click Map tips upper left corner.”
Kincade Fire Updates
Several sources are providing updates about the Kincade Fire.
The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office is providing updates on Nixle here. You can also text your ZIP Code to 888777 for mobile alerts. The fire information number is 707-967-4207.
Sonoma Sheriff’s Facebook page is also providing updates, along with the County of Sonoma.
CAL FIRE Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit Facebook Page provides fire updates.
READ NEXT: California Evacuation and Fire Map Near Me