Before getting to the Week 5 rankings, let’s take a look at some of the more disappointing running backs over the first quarter of the season.
Are the following players worth holding onto? Or are they good buy-low candidates?
C.J. Anderson, Broncos — Denver coach Gary Kubiak has said Ronnie Hillman deserves more touches. I couldn’t agree more. The Broncos are looking for a spark and Hillman — not Anderson — is giving it to them. Right now I’d rather have Hillman on my squad.
Jeremy Hill, Bengals — Hill has 5 touchdowns, but is averaging just 40 yards per game on the ground. Giovani Bernard is averaging 74. But the fact Hill is getting the goal line carries tells me you need to hold on to him as the Bengals are scoring in bunches.
Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks — It’s only a matter of time before Lynch gets going. He does have some miles on those tires and his offensive line isn’t playing well, but the Seahawks’ offense will get better. Beast Mode is a great buy-low candidate.
DeMarco Murray, Eagles — Murray can’t get worse. I mean, he’s averaging 15 rushing yards per game. I have no doubt the Eagles are going to begin feeding him more. Murray is a very good; he’ll start producing.
Each week I’ll be posting fantasy football rankings for quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends and defenses/special teams. Bookmark our fantasy football rankings 2015 page to keep up-to-date on the latest projections and rankings so you know you who to start and who to sit.
Here are my Week 5 running back rankings:
1. Le’Veon Bell, Steelers, at Chargers
2. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs, vs. Bears
3. Eddie Lacy, Packers, vs. Rams
4. Arian Foster, Texans, at Colts
5. Matt Forte, Bears, at Chiefs
6. Latavius Murray, Raiders, vs. Broncos
7. Mark Ingram, Saints, at Eagles
8. Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks, at Bengals (questionable – hamstring)
9. Justin Forsett, Ravens, vs. Browns
10. Devonta Freeman, Falcons, vs. Redskins
11. Frank Gore, Colts, vs. Texans
12. Carlos Hyde, 49ers, at Giants
13. LeGarrette Blount, Patriots, at Cowboys
14. Doug Martin, Buccaneers, vs. Jaguars
15. Todd Gurley, Rams, at Packers
16. Joseph Randle, Cowboys, vs. Patriots
17. Ronnie Hillman, Broncos, at Raiders
18. DeMarco Murray, Eagles, vs. Saints
19. Jeremy Hill, Bengals, vs. Seahawks
20. Danny Woodhead, Chargers, vs. Steelers
21. Chris Johnson, Cardinals, at Lions
22. T.J. Yeldon, Jaguars, at Buccaneers
23. Ameer Abdullah, Lions, vs. Cardinals
24. Rashad Jennings, Giants, vs. 49ers
25. Giovani Bernard, Bengals, vs. Seahawks
26. C.J. Anderson, Broncos, at Raiders
27. Andre Ellington, Cardinals, at Lions (questionable – knee)
28. Karlos Williams, Bills, at Titans (questionable – concussion)
29. Darren Sproles, Eagles, vs. Saints
30. Duke Williams, Browns, at Ravens
31. Alfred Morris, Redskins, at Falcons
32. Dion Lewis, Patriots, at Cowboys
33. Antonio Andrews, Titans, vs. Bills
34. Charles Sims, Buccaneers, vs. Jaguars
35. James Starks, Packers, vs. Rams
36. Matt Jones, Redskins, at Falcons
37. Isaiah Crowell, Browns, at Ravens
38. Ryan Mathews, Eagles, vs. Saints
39. C.J. Spiller, Saints, at Eagles
40. Shane Vereen, Giants, vs. 49ers
Editor’s note: Are you playing daily fantasy yet? Heavy’s partners at DraftKings are paying out $1 billion to daily fantasy players. Sign up with DraftKings promo code HEAVY and get a $600 deposit bonus with no season-long commitment.