While 16 teams qualify for the NBA playoffs each season, there are 14 others who sit on their hands and wait, and wait, and wait for today.
And that, of course, is the Draft Lottery — where ping-pong balls, not basketballs, will play a vital role in determining the futures of those 14 teams.
It airs tonight on ESPN at 8:30 p.m. ET.
This year’s draft is littered with talent, especially at the point guard. In Heavy’s latest mock draft, four of the first eight selections are potential floor generals. Guards Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, De’Aaron Fox, and Dennis Smith Jr., along with dynamic forwards Jayson Tatum and Josh Jackson figure to be scooped up within the first ten picks.
So what are your team’s chances at landing one of those coveted top slots? We’ve got you covered:
2017 NBA Draft Lottery
Note: You can find outstanding trades and other draft pick notes at the bottom of this page
1. The Boston Celtics have the rights to swap picks with the Brooklyn Nets (No protections)
3. The Los Angeles Lakers’ pick will go the Philadelphia 76ers if they fall outside the Top 3
4. The Philadelphia 76ers have the rights to swap picks with the Sacramento Kings (Top-10 protection)
8. The Sacramento Kings’ pick will go to the Chicago Bulls if they fall outside the Top 10
10. The New Orleans Pelicans’ pick will go to the Sacramento Kings if they fall outside the Top 3