Patriots’ Will Campbell’s Passionate Weather Plea Before Chargers Matchup

Will Campbell
Getty
Will Campbell

While the New England Patriots spent Wednesday practicing in cold weather, with a wintry mix coming down at some points during the day, the Los Angeles Chargers spent time in warmer temperatures with the sun out.

So, with the Chargers heading to Gillette Stadium this weekend for a playoff matchup against the Patriots, they will have to deal with a colder climate than they are used to. However, it won’t be the frigid temperatures that often occur in January.

And that was actually something one Patriots star was disappointed about.

“I think it’s the one weekend it’s not going to be cold. I think it’s supposed to be 50 degrees this weekend,” left tackle Will Campbell told reporters on Wednesday (per MassLive).

However, the one good thing is that the game is at night, where temperatures tend to drop drastically.

“I think it can help us,” Campbell said. “It’s not even going to be cold this weekend, but obviously it would be nice if it was. I do not mind the cold. I honestly never have. I will not say that I’m — I’m not used to the cold, but I do not mind it. I enjoy playing up here. I enjoy being a part of this team and playing with these guys.”


Justin Herbert Struggled In The Cold Earlier This Season

Justin Herbert

GettyJustin Herbert

In the Chargers’ 16-13 win over the Kansas City Chiefs in the middle of December, Herbert admitted after the game that the cold weather did impact his broken left hand.

“Yeah, early on in warmups, I could tell it was getting pretty cold and just not being able to move it as much,” Herbert said.

At the beginning of December, Herbert underwent surgery for his left hand, with the injury having occurred in the team’s win over the Las Vegas Raiders on Nov. 30. Specifically, Raiders safety Jeremy Chinn hit Herbert while he was scrambling, with Chinn’s helmet colliding with the quarterback’s hand.


Justin Herbert Admits That A Week Off Was Good For His Hand

Sean Payton of the Denver Broncos and Jim Harbaugh of the Los Angeles Chargers

GettySean Payton of the Denver Broncos and Jim Harbaugh of the Los Angeles Chargers

In the Chargers’ Week 18 loss to the Denver Broncos, head coach Jim Harbaugh decided to sit the starters, giving them the week off after having already clinched a spot in the playoffs.

And with that, Herbert admitted that it was a really good decision as it allowed him to rest his fractured left hand.

“I’d say definitely not taking hits on it last week was probably pretty helpful,” Herbert said (per ESPN). “It limited kind of the swelling and just getting back to making sure that you have got full strength, being able to hold onto a football.”

Because of the injury, Herbert has struggled to take snaps under center and grip the football. Because of that, he really hasn’t been doing that during the week as much, but ahead of Sunday’s game, he was able to do so on Wednesday.

“I would say that I was able to do most everything out there,” Herbert admitted. “It’s just making sure I can grip on the ball and have two hands on it in the pocket. … So I think that’s been good.”

0 Comments

Patriots’ Will Campbell’s Passionate Weather Plea Before Chargers Matchup

Notify of
0 Comments
Follow this thread
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please commentx
()
x