Editor’s note: Sign up with DraftKings here and enter the free $100K fantasy football contest for Week 2 of the NFL season. The winner takes home $10,000.
If you were able to catch any of the San Francisco 49ers-Minnesota Vikings game from Monday night, you might have noticed Niners running back Carlos Hyde has more than a little game.
The team website said Hyde weighs 235 pounds. He certainly doesn’t move like a 235-pounder. Hyde looked like Darren Sproles out there. He absolutely shredded the Vikings to the tune of 168 yards and 2 touchdowns.
I had him ranked 13th for Week 1 (and luckily used him across the board in my DraftKings contests) and for Week 2 he landed in the top 5. A matchup against the Steelers isn’t as daunting as it used to be. And Hyde is going to get a ton of touches, especially with Reggie Bush in question (calf).
Another 168 and 2? I doubt it, but very productive nonetheless. So make sure you have him in your lineup.
Each week I’ll be posting fantasy football rankings for quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends and defenses/special teams. Bookmark our fantasy football rankings 2015 page to keep up-to-date on the latest projections and rankings so you know you who to start and who to sit.
Keep reading for our Top 40 running back rankings for Week 2:
1. Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks, at Packers
2. Matt Forte, Bears, vs. Cardinals
3. Carlos Hyde, 49ers, at Steelers
4. DeMarco Murray, Eagles, vs. Cowboys
5. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs, vs. Broncos
6. Jeremy Hill, Bengals, vs. Chargers
7. C.J. Anderson, Broncos, at Chiefs
8. Adrian Peterson, Vikings, vs. Lions
9. LeSean McCoy, Bills, vs. Patriots
10. Eddie Lacy, Packers, vs. Seahawks
11. Justin Forsett, Ravens, at Raiders
12. Mark Ingram, Saints, vs. Buccaneers
13. Chris Ivory, Jets, at Colts
14. Lamar Miller, Dolphins, at Jaguars
15. Alfred Morris, Redskins, vs. Rams
16. Jonathan Stewart, Panthers, vs. Texans
17. Doug Martin, Buccaneers, at Saints
18. DeAngelo Williams, Steelers, vs. 49ers
19. Ameer Abdullah, Lions, at Vikings
20. Bishop Sankey, Titans, at Browns
21. Chris Johnson, Cardinals, at Bears
22. Tevin Coleman, Falcons, at Giants
23. Frank Gore, Colts, vs. Jets
24. T.J. Yeldon, Jaguars, vs. Dolphins
25. Latavius Murray, Raiders, vs. Ravens
26. Rashad Jennings, Giants, vs. Falcons
27. Alfred Blue, Texans, at Panthers
28. Isaiah Crowell, Browns, vs. Titans
29. Danny Woodhead, Chargers, at Bengals
30. Joseph Randle, Cowboys, at Eagles
31. Darren Sproles, Eagles, vs. Cowboys
32. LeGarrette Blount, Bills, vs. Patriots
33. Tre Mason, Rams, at Redskins
34. Giovani Bernard, Bengals, vs. Chargers
35. Melvin Gordon, Chargers, at Bengals
36. Joique Bell, Lions, at Vikings
37. Darren McFadden, Cowboys, at Eagles
38. Bilal Powell, Jets, at Colts
39. David Johnson, Cardinals, at Bears
40. Terrance West, Titans, at Browns
Editor’s note: Heavy’s partners at DraftKings are gearing up for another football season. Sign up now with DraftKings promo code HEAVY and get a $600 deposit bonus with no season-long commitment.