If you want a defense which will pile up the fantasy points, it’s generally a good idea to target opposing offenses who have the propensity to turn the ball over.
As offenses are racing up and down the field every week, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for defenses to accumulate points by keeping their opponents to a low score, which is usually a category in fantasy games. But if your defense can create a few turnovers and rack up a couple of sacks, it might be the difference between a win and loss in your league.
Here are the teams with the most turnovers. If one of their Week 6 defensive opponents are on your league’s waiver wire, it might be wise to pick them up and stream them.
Detroit Lions — 15 (9 interceptions, 6 fumbles) Week 6 opponent: vs. Bears
Indianapolis Colts — 12 (7 interceptions, 5 fumbles) Week 6 opponent: vs. Patriots
New Orleans Saints — 10 (4 interceptions, 6 fumbles) Week 6 opponent: vs. Falcons
Houston Texans — 10 (6 interceptions, 4 fumbles) Week 6 opponent: at Jaguars
Philadelphia Eagles — 10 (6 interceptions, 4 fumbles) Week 6 opponent: vs. Giants
San Diego Chargers — 10 (5 interceptions, 5 fumbles) Week 6 opponent: at Packers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers — 10 (7 interceptions, 3 fumbles) Week 6 opponent: BYE
Before we get to the defense/special teams rankings, bookmark our fantasy football rankings 2015 page to keep up-to-date on the latest projections and rankings so you know you who to start and who to sit each week.
Bye weeks: Cowboys, Raiders, Rams and Buccaneers
Here are my top 20 defense/special teams rankings for Week 6:
1. N.Y. Jets, vs. Redskins
2. Seattle Seahawks, vs. Panthers
3. Denver Broncos, at Browns
4. Arizona Cardinals, at Steelers
5. Minnesota Vikings, vs. Chiefs
6. Carolina Panthers, at Seahawks
7. Green Bay Packers, vs. Chargers
8. Cincinnati Bengals, at Bills
9. New England Patriots, at Colts
10. Atlanta Falcons, at Saints
11. Detroit Lions, vs. Bears
12. Baltimore Ravens, at 49ers
13. Tennessee Titans, vs. Dolphins
14. N.Y. Giants, at Eagles
15. Chicago Bears, at Lions
16. Washington Redskins, at Jets
17. Buffalo Bills, vs. Bengals
18. Cleveland Browns, vs. Broncos
19. Pittsburgh Steelers, vs. Cardinals
20. Kansas City Chiefs, at Vikings