As the NFL has shifted to a pass-happy league, the tight end has become a more integral part of the offense.
No longer is it all about Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham and Antonio Gates. So who are the up-and-coming players at the position? Let’s take a look at a few of them now:
Gary Barnidge, Browns — Barnidge is setting the league on fire with Josh McCown under center. He has scored in three straight while compiling 100 yards receiving in two of those games. Barnidge enters Week 6 as a must-start tight end.
Ladarius Green, Chargers — Yes, Antonio Gates returned to the lineup with a bang, but I think this helps Green’s value. Green has converted 19 of 23 targets and is a matchup nightmare in the red zone. Just watch, Philip Rivers will look Green’s way more than he will WRs Stevie Johnson and Malcolm Floyd.
Richard Rodgers, Packers — Rodgers has seen 14 targets the past 2 games, converting 11 into catches. He also has the trust of Aaron Rodgers in the red zone, and we know what that can do for somebody’s fantasy value.
Before we get to the rankings, remember to bookmark our fantasy football rankings 2015 page to keep up-to-date on the latest projections and rankings so you know you who to start and who to sit each week.
Bye weeks: Cowboys, Raiders, Rams and Buccaneers
Here are my top 20 tight end rankings for Week 6:
1. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots, at Colts
2. Tyler Eifert, Bengals, at Bills
3. Antonio Gates, Chargers, at Packers
4. Travis Kelce, Chiefs, at Vikings
5. Greg Olsen, Panthers, at Seahawks
6. Gary Barnidge, Browns, vs. Broncos
7. Martellus Bennett, Bears, at Lions
8. Julius Thomas, Jaguars, vs. Texans
9. Jimmy Graham, Seahawks, vs. Panthers
10. Charles Clay, Bills, vs. Bengals
11. Delanie Walker, Titans, vs. Dolphins
12. Richard Rodgers, Packers, vs. Chargers
13. Jordan Cameron, Dolphins, at Titans
14. Jacob Tamme, Falcons, at Saints
15. Zach Ertz, Eagles, vs. Giants
16. Ladarius Green, Chargers, at Packers
17. Larry Donnell, Giants, at Eagles
18. Ben Watson, Saints, vs. Falcons
19. Kyle Rudolph, Vikings, vs. Chiefs
20. Eric Ebron, Lions, vs. Bears (questionable)