If you’re a wide receiver in the NFL, you injure your hamstrings. It’s what you do.
Right off the top of my head, I can name four top receivers in the league who are battling hammy issues. So let’s take a look at them and see if we can shed any light on their respective Week 6 statuses.
Odell Beckham Jr., Giants — Beckham was injured Sunday, but returned late in the game, which is obviously a good sign for his Week 6 status. ODB and Eli Manning are really finding their groove and since the Giants and Eagles play on Monday night, the stud WR will get an extra day to rest. He’s at the top of my rankings this week. Of course that changes if he is held out.
DeSean Jackson, Redskins — Jackson has yet to play in a game this season and if he does return for Week 6, he’ll face the Jets, who have been playing suffocating pass defense. This is far from an ideal matchup.
Alshon Jeffery, Bears — The Bears have been tight-lipped on Jeffery, who has missed the past 4 games. This isn’t a good sign and right I’d plan to be without Jeffery for Week 6. In fact, I didn’t even include him the below rankings.
Julio Jones, Falcons — Jones missed practice Tuesday and is questionable for Week 6’s game vs. the Saints. Unfortunately, the game is Thursday night. It looks like Jones will be a true game-time decision, but has said nothing will keep him out. Be sure to check his status prior to the game.
Each week I’ll be posting fantasy football rankings for quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends and defenses/special teams. Bookmark our fantasy football rankings 2015 page to keep up-to-date on the latest projections and rankings so you know you who to start and who to sit.
Here are my top 50 wide receivers for Week 6:
1. Odell Beckham Jr., Giants, at Eagles (questionable – hamstring)
2. Julian Edelman, Patriots, at Colts
3. Julio Jones, Falcons, at Saints (questionable – hamstring)
4. DeAndre Hopkins, Texans, at Jaguars
5. A.J. Green, Bengals, at Bills
6. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals, at Steelers
7. Brandon Marshall, Jets, vs. Redskins
8. Demaryius Thomas, Broncos, at Browns
9. Jeremy Maclin, Chiefs, at Vikings
10. Calvin Johnson, Lions, vs. Bears
11. Randall Cobb, Packers, vs. Chargers
12. Emmanuel Sanders, Broncos, at Browns
13. T.Y. Hilton, Colts, vs. Patriots
14. Jordan Matthews, Eagles, vs. Giants
15. Keenan Allen, Chargers, at Packers
16. Antonio Brown, Steelers, vs. Cardinals
17. Steve Smith, Ravens, at 49ers (questionable – back)
18. Brandin Cooks, Saints, vs. Falcons
19. Kendall Wright, Titans, vs. Dolphins
20. Allen Robinson, Jaguars, vs. Texans
21. Travis Benjamin, Browns, vs. Broncos
22. Jarvis Landry, Dolphins, at Titans
23. John Brown, Cardinals, at Steelers
24. James Jones, Packers, vs. Chargers
25. Allen Hurns, Jaguars, vs. Texans
26. Eric Decker, Jets, vs. Redskins
27. Mike Wallace, Vikings, vs. Chiefs
28. Golden Tate, Lions, vs. Bears
29. Kamar Aiken, Ravens, at 49ers
30. Anquan Boldin, 49ers, vs. Ravens
31. Doug Baldwin, Seahawks, vs. Panthers
32. Marquess Wilson, Bears, at Lions
33. Marvin Jones, Bengals, at Bills
34. Willie Snead, Saints, vs. Falcons
35. Rishard Matthews, Dolphins, at Titans
36. DeSean Jackson, Redskins, at Jets (questionable – hamstring)
37. Rueben Randle, Giants, at Eagles (questionable – hamstring)
38. Andre Johnson, Colts, vs. Patriots
39. Torrey Smith, 49ers, vs. Ravens
40. Jermaine Kearse, Seahawks, vs. Panthers
41. Stefon Diggs, Vikings, vs. Chiefs
42. Percy Harvin, Bills, vs. Bengals
43. Ted Ginn Jr., Panthers, at Seahawks
44. Mohamed Sanu, Bengals, at Bills
45. Donte Moncrief, Colts, vs. Patriots
46. Pierre Garcon, Redskins, at Jets
47. Ty Montgomery, Packers, vs. Chargers
48. Roddy White, Falcons, at Saints
49. Lance Moore, Lions, vs. Bears
50. Malcolm Floyd, Chargers, at Packers