News

Journalist Warns of Marijuana After Accidentally Getting High on the Job

Investigative reporter Michael Montgomery, who covers the marijuana beat, shared an experience he once had when he was covering a story and found himself accidentally high and learned that the new industry might need a bit more regulation than he previously thought.

When the journalist from the Center for Investigative Reporting accidentally ate two weed brownies at a Sunday brunch hosted by a young drug-dealer-turned-entrepreneur, Montgomery didn’t realize it until he was boarding a flight on his way home. Montgomery was so high that he freaked out and got off the plane. He later learned from friends of his who work in the medical marijuana industry that they only recommend to their patients digesting a quarter to half of a weed brownie. Montgomery ate two whole brownies and experienced an intense high.

Montgomery explains that the experience made him rethink his views on regulation of the drug.

“If I was a 16 year old kid and ate two of these brownies,” he wondered. “Where would it leave me if I were driving a vehicle?”

Montgomery said that to this day, he still feels a slight sense of panic whenever he smells the aroma of marijuana.

Your friends would be so into this — share it!

Share Tweet Share Email

Respond To This

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More News you need to know

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 664 other followers