A New Jersey hospital was evacuated due to a shooting on the property early on Thursday afternoon, reports NBC Philadelphia.
This is a breaking story so please stay tuned to updates.
Here’s what we know so far:
1. The shooting happened at the Inspira Medical Center on North Broad Street in Woodbury, New Jersey.
2. It has been described as “self-inflicted.” ABC Philadelphia reports that the man walked into the emergency room of the hospital and fatally shot himself. It was originally reported that the man had died at the scene but doctors were able to revive him. He was taken to Cooper University Hospital’s trauma center.
3. According to The South Jersey Times, a woman appeared on the scene shortly after the evacuation asking police, “Did my brother just shoot himself? Please just tell me.”
4. Nobody else was hurt during the incident. The area was quickly secured and the gun used in the shooting was recovered.
5. Inspira Medical Center describes itself as:
A 305-licensed bed, acute-care, nonprofit hospital serving Gloucester County and parts of Salem and Camden counties. Inspira Medical Center Woodbury continuosly receives the distinction of Accreditation from The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest independent accrediting body.
With over 1,800 full- and part-time employees and a medical staff of almost 400, Inspira Medical Center Woodbury provides a comprehensive array of diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative services in the comfort, convenience and security of a community hospital setting.
Satellite pictures may show missing Malaysia Flight 370 off the coast of Australia. See the photos and maps here.Click here to read more