A man named Huckleberry Finn has been accused of raping a woman in New Hampshire. Police say he followed a woman into her home in the town of Keene and sexually assaulted her, despite her protests. He shares the name with the protagonist of Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn.
Here’s what you need to konw:
1. CBS Boston reports that police caught Finn, 36, after he left his phone number at the home of his alleged victim.
2. He’s been arraigned in court in Keene and has been charged with one felony count of aggravated felonious sexual assault. Finn’s bail has been set at $25,000. A conviction of the crime in New Hampshire could result in the death penalty. He’s being held at Cheshire County Jail and will be back in court on August 5.
3. The Associated Press reports that police in Keene were forced to stress to local media that Huckleberry Finn was in fact the man’s real name.
4. The attack happened on July 25 with police finally making an arrest in the case on July 29, reports the Keene Sentinel Source.
5. According to America’s Library, The Advenetures of Huckleberry Finn is considered the “great American novel.” If follows the story of Huck Finn helping runaway slave, Jim, escape along the mighty Mississippi River.