Kilah Davenport, the brave 4-year-old child who initially survived her stepfather’s brutal beating, died at 6:08 p.m., reports WCCB Charlotte.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Her Attacker Was Just Sentenced to Prison in February 2014
— WSOCTV (@wsoctv) February 27, 2014
On February 27, Kilah’s stepfather, Joshua Houser, was sentenced for 7.5 years in prison for brutally beating her and causing brain damage.
2. Houser Put Her Head Through a Wall in ‘a Fit of Rage’
The heinous attack happened at the family home in Indian Trail, North Carolina. He was accused of shoving her head through a wall during “a fit of rage.”
3. Davenport Suffered From Severe Brain Damage
Her injuries after the attack included a fractured skull, brain damage, broken collarbone and bruising across her body. Her brain injury was permanent. The beating happened in May 2012.
4. Thanks To Her Family, a New Law Has Been Inacted
A law, “Kilah’s Law,” was introduced in her name. The law allows for harsher punishments for child abusers.
5. Her Stepfather Will Be Re-Sentenced
— heather hefner (@heathiebird03) February 27, 2014
Joshua Houser will be re-sentenced along the “Kilah’s Law” guidelines, which may result in life in prison.
Discuss on Facebook