Editor’s note: Sign up with DraftKings here and enter the free $100K fantasy football contest for Week 2 of the NFL season. The winner takes home $10,000.
While there were a handful of quality defensive performances, only one of 32 teams failed to score a touchdown — the Minnesota Vikings against the San Francisco 49ers (20-3) during the final game of Week 1.
The game is evolving and offenses are becoming more efficient and potent (well, most of them are). Really, defenses are playing catch-up as the offenses appeared to set the tone in most of Week 1’s contests.
And it’s still a little bit early to really tell who the top-notch defensive units will be. There are probably a handful or so you’ll be starting every week, but other than that it’s not so easy.
But if you’re in a season-long fantasy league, you most likely need to use a defense/special teams, so let me stop my whining and move this thing along to my Week 2 rankings.
Each week I’ll be posting fantasy football rankings for quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends and defenses/special teams. Bookmark our fantasy football rankings 2015 page to keep up-to-date on the latest projections and rankings so you know you who to start and who to sit.
Keep reading for our Top 20 defense/special teams rankings for Week 2:
1. Miami Dolphins, at Jaguars
2. St. Louis Rams, at Redskins
3. Carolina Panthers, vs. Texans
4. Baltimore Ravens, at Raiders
5. Tennessee Titans, at Browns
6. Cincinnati Bengals, vs. Chargers
7. Seattle Seahawks, at Packers
8. Houston Texans, at Panthers
9. Cleveland Browns, vs. Titans
10. New Orleans Saints, vs. Buccaneers
11. Detroit Lions, at Vikings
12. Arizona Cardinals, at Bears
13. New England Patriots, at Bills
14. Buffalo Bills, vs. Patriots
15. N.Y. Jets, at Colts
16. Pittsburgh Steelers, vs. 49ers
17. Washington Redskins, vs. Rams
18. Denver Broncos, at Chiefs
19. San Francisco 49ers, at Steelers
20. Kansas City Chiefs, vs. Broncos
Editor’s note: Heavy’s partners at DraftKings are gearing up for another football season. Sign up now with DraftKings promo code HEAVY and get a $600 deposit bonus with no season-long commitment.