New “X Factor” judge Demi Lovato has added a dash of sweetness to Britney Spears’ snark. While both ladies are busy steaming up the TV reality shows screens, we present 10 facts we bet you didn’t know about Demi.
1. Demi Played Angela on “Barney and Friends”
The “X Factor” is the latest move in a career began with the purple dinosaur when Demi was only 9 years old. Simon is a bit older than the former Disney diva but probably doesn’t think he’s a dino, and certainly far from extinct.
2. Demi’s Real Name is Demetria Devonne Lovato
That’s a mouthful, so we’re definitely down with Demi.
3. She won a People’s Choice Award for playing a girl who seemed to have mental problems on “Grey’s Anatomy.”
The budding starlet’s other acting credits include: “Camp Rock,” “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam,” “Princess Protection Program” and a guest role on “Prison Break.”
4. She prefers tacos to pizza.
Works for us but we must admit to twinges of nostalgia for the days of cold pizza breakfasts.
5. Her mother was a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.
Hotness runs in the family — excellent. Demi told StarPulse that the Cowboys respected the cheerleaders, who worked really hard.
6. She is best friends with Selena Gomez — they even wear matching necklaces, according to FanPop.com.
Demi and Selena used to star in a Youtube show called (drum roll, please) “The Demi and Selena Show.”
7. Kid sister Madison played Eva Longoria’s daughter on “Desperate Housewives.”
Their mom, in addition to being a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, also sings. Add Demi’s little sis into the mix and you have one talented family.
8. Demi used to date Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers and “That 70’s Show” star Will Valderrama.
On the romantic front, Demi recently denied she was involved with One Direction singer Niall Horan.
9. Popped a breath mint before her kissing scene with Joe Jonas in “Camp Rock.”
Very considerate, girlfriend. Even though Jonas and Demi are no longer a couple, they apparently remain friendly.
10. Wears a necklace that says “True Love Waits.”
— demetria lovato (@ddlovato) September 13, 2012
Aww, indeed. the tag team of bubbly Demetria with Britney may actually soften up Simon — but not too much, we hope.
Sources: FanPop.com, ABC.com