Thanksgiving is finally here, and what better way to celebrate with friends and family than by sharing the holiday love on social media? Whether it’s a picture of your dinner, a Turkey Day meme or a few holiday hashtags, your feed is bound to be filled with Thanksgiving-related posts this afternoon.
If you’re looking to share a funny joke, hashtag or a meaningful message to reflect on the true meaning of the holiday, we’ve got you covered. Read on for some of the best Facebook statuses and Instagram captions you can post this holiday.
There are always the typical Thanksgiving holiday posts on Facebook, including the “Food Coma!” posts, the pictures of your enormous meal, the cliched claims of having a food baby on the way, and the endless comments about how stuffed everybody is, how many meals they ate, and how much weight they’ve gained.
Instead of posting the same old statuses every year, we decided to round up a few, less-general, more-unique posts for you to plaster all over social media. Check out our favorite quotes and statuses below. Some are still cliched, and some are super cheesy, but still fun. Enjoy!
- Gratitude is a wonderful reason to have a meal with family. I only wish Thanksgiving would come more often.
- I love Thanksgiving, because it’s all the family fun at half the cost of Christmas.
- What I love about Thanksgiving is that it sets the mood for a perfect Christmas! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Coexistence… what the farmer does with the turkey – until Thanksgiving?
- Thanksgiving …. Not a good day to be my pants.
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.
- The thing I’m most thankful for right now is elastic waistbands.
- Happy Turkey Day, America! Don’t forget to name the turkey and make everyone uncomfortable.
- Thanksgiving is a vegetarian’s worst nightmare…! Happy Thanksgiving anyway!
Here are a few of our favorite silly Instagram captions to add to every Instagram photo you post on Thanksgiving. Some are heartfelt and inspiring, some are funny and clever, while others are just enjoyable holiday posts. Check them out below:
- Gobble ’til you wobble.
- *entering feast mode*
- Keep calm and gobble on.
- I came in like a Butterball!
- Reminder: Set your scale back 10 pounds today!
- We offered the turkey some dinner, but he was already stuffed.
- Petition for a new Thanksgiving dress code: Sweatpants.
- I love what everyone wore to the living room this year!
- Stuffing is the glue that holds my family together.
- Casse-rolling right up to Grandma’s house.
- You know I’m all about that baste.
- Talk turkey to me.
- When you whine, I wine.
- Bad day to be a turkey.
- As long as my family keeps talking, I’ll keep drinking.
- May your pants be stretchy, may your glasses stay full, and may your family avoid all talk of politics.
- Nobody puts gravy in the corner.
- May your hearts be as full as your plates today.
- Good vibes and apple pies.
- Stop, drop, and butter your roll.
- Relationship status: Full of mashed potatoes.
- We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all.
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
- Thank you for the food before us, the friends beside us, and the love between us.
- I get pie with a little help from my friends.
- Do I practice fitness? Of course! Fitness all this food in my mouth.