If you’re opting for a turkey on your Christmas table, follow this simple recipe for making gravy from the bird itself.
1. When getting ready to cook your turkey, add a quart of chicken stock to the pan. (Should be a deep roasting pan.)
2. After your turkey is cooked, carefully remove turkey from the pan.
3. Pour what’s in the bottom of the pan into a clear bowl. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Skim off the fat, which will most likely leave you with a cup of drippings and 1/4 cup of fat.
5. Skim the fat from the drippings and warm in a saucepan over medium heat.
6. When it’s hot, whisk in 1/4 cup of flour. Cook until you see it bubbling.
7. Now pour the cup of drippings inside the mixture.
8. Whisk in a 1/2 cup of broth.
9. Put that liquid back in the original pan.
10. Boil for 5 minutes while scraping the bottom of the pan. Add your favorite herbs, like rosemary, thyme and sage, to taste.