It’s Election Day 2016 and most people are casting their votes for our country’s next President. It’s been one of the most heated and rocky election years, filled with scandals surrounding both candidates. In a time that can be very tense and nerve-wracking, let’s make things a little light with our top 20 best quotes about Election Day, voting, and the presidential candidates. Read on below.
1. The problem with political jokes is they get elected.
– Henry Cate, VII
2. The politicians were talking themselves red, white and blue in the face.
– Clare Boothe Luce
3. Elections belong to the people. It’s their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.
– Abraham Lincoln
4. Coming to terms with Donald Trump as the Republican nominee is like being told you have Stage 1 or Stage 2 cancer. You know you’ll probably survive, but one way or the other, there’s going to be a lot of throwing up.
– Christopher Buckley
5. In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem.
– George Carlin
6. Hell, I never vote for anybody, I always vote against.
– W.C. Fields
7. The poll that matters is the one that happens on Election Day.
– Heather Wilson
8. When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I’m beginning to believe it.
– Clarence Darrow
9. If voting made any difference they wouldn’t let us do it.
– Mark Twain
10. Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president but they don’t want them to become politicians in the process – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
11. I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
– Will Rogers
12. A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
– Theodore Roosevelt
13. America isn’t ready for President Hillary Clinton. It should never be.
– Chuck Norris
14. How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?
– Author Unknown
15. George Washington is the only president who didn’t blame the previous administration for his troubles.
– Author Unknown
16. A politician should have three hats. One for throwing into the ring, one for talking through, and one for pulling rabbits out of if elected.
– Carl Sandburg
17. In the end, that’s what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or a politics of hope?
– Barack Obama
18. Here’s the thing – if Donald Trump is elected president of the United States, in a kind of historical way, it’s exciting because we will see the actual last president of the United States. It just won’t work after that.
– Johnny Depp
19. People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.
– Otto von Bismarck
20. Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half.
– Gore Vidal
Discuss on Facebook