Would you want someone going through your phone? If you’re like most people, the answer is no. That’s why we love the recent trend in iPhone 6 cases that protect your privacy. These cool cases obscure your screen or offer other privacy-protecting features. If you want to keep your notifications, texts, or incoming calls a secret from people around you, there are a number of options you can try. Privacy cases also have another added benefit. Since many of them cover the screen, they do a lot more to prevent accidental screen damage than regular iPhone 6 cases. Read on to see some of the best iPhone 6 cases that are designed to protect your privacy.
1. Verus Slim Hard Slide Series iPhone 6 Case
Verus makes a wide variety of iPhone 6 cases. This two-piece case covers your screen, but gives you a cutout where you can slide your finger to answer calls. If you see that you’re getting a call, you can quickly slide down the front panel to see who is on the other end of the line. The folks at Verus were nice enough to send over a sample of this case so we could go hands-on.
The front panel of the case can be slid into place over the screen of your phone for added privacy. Alternatively, you can slide the top panel around to the back portion of the case, for days when you want access to your whole screen. For people who are trying to protect their privacy, or for people who want to protect their screen from damage, this is a good case. It would also be ideal for people who are looking for an iPhone case that will make it harder to pick up their phone and mindlessly goof around. If you’re trying to cut back on the time you spend on your phone, this case can help make you more mindful of how often you’re checking your phone.
Price: $14.99 (63 percent off)
- Varied color options
- Easy to slide on and off
- Very lightweight
- Rear panel doesn’t show fingerprints easily (front panel is a bit more prone to smudges, however)
- Can’t see who is calling unless you slide the case front down
- Not waterproof or splash proof
- No reinforced corners, case is somewhat hard to grip
- Window on case is open, no protective clear screen
- Hard to remove sticker on inner rear portion of case cleanly, left residue behind
2. Moshi SenseCover iPhone 6 Case
Looking for a “swipe-to-answer” case with a privacy flap? One solid option to consider is the Moshi SenseCover for the iPhone 6. The folks at Moshi were nice enough to send a sample of this case to use. Unlike some other privacy cases, the SenseCover has a built-in stand functionality in addition to its “swipe-to-answer” capability. The stand, as well as the raised lip on the case and enclosed buttons, are updates to the case from the iPhone 5/5s version of the SenseCover. According to our contact at the company, Moshi was the first company to make a “swipe-to-answer” case for the iPhone. You can learn more about this SenseCover case on the Moshi website.
There’s a lot to like about the construction of this case. The interior front flap is lined with microfiber to protect your screen, and the view window is scratch-resistant. You can check the date, time, or see who is calling without flipping the front cover back. You can also turn off alarms. The top and bottom of the phone are protected by the case, with a small opening in the rear to show off the Apple logo. The phone can easily be removed from the case, which is a nice change of pace from some of the very tight-fitting cases we’ve seen for the iPhone 6 lately.
- Window portion of case has clear covering for added protection
- Easy to take calls or hang up with front flap in place
- Multiple color options
- Converts into a media stand
- Some users may dislike the magnetic closure, due to concerns about magnetic accessories affecting iPhone features
- Not splash proof
- Somewhat expensive
- Does not come with a screen protector (though Moshi does make some nice ones)
- Some user reviews suggest swipe line on case can cause scratch on an unprotected screen over time (we could not replicate this during hands-on time with the case)
3. Tech Armor Apple iPhone 6 Privacy Screen Protector
Want to protect your privacy, but prefer a more minimalist look? You can always skip the case and just go with a privacy-protecting screen protector. This is the ideal solution for people who feel like covering up the iPhone’s beautiful lines with a case is a mistake. One privacy screen protector to consider is Tech Armor’s tinted privacy screen. The tinting makes it very difficult for someone to look over your shoulder and see what you are doing on your phone. This is a great accessory for people who want to keep their private business on the down low.
Price: $6.95 (70 percent off)
- No-hassle lifetime replacement warranty
- Made from the highest quality Japanese PET film
- Comes with smoothing card and microfiber cloth
- Preserves your privacy, even in public
- Helps protect resale/trade-in value of your phone
- Older versions of the screen protector have a less precise cutout
- Screen protector darkens the image, you will need to turn brightness up
- Having screen brightness turned up may mean a decrease in battery life
- Small portion of the screen is not covered
- Does not fully obscure all viewing angles of other people looking at your device
4. Incipio Watson Folio iPhone 6 Case
The Incipio Watson folio case is a durable case that protects your screen. It stays shut thanks to an elastic band. It also acts as a stand, which is nice for watching videos on that big, beautiful screen. The folio is designed with three card slots to hold your cash, credit card and ID. If you carry your phone in a bag and want to protect the screen from scratches, this is a solid choice. And if you just want to keep your notification screen away from prying eyes, this case also serves that purpose.
Price: $27.66 (39 percent off MSRP)
- Reliable brand
- Plenty of room for cash
- Protects screen
- Easy to grip
- Somewhat more expensive than similar cases from other brands
- Some users worry about strap longevity
- Limited color options
- Not waterproof or shockproof
5. Vysk Privacy Charging Case
We talked a bit about Vysk’s cool cases in our recent roundup of the best iPhone 6 cases at CES 2015. At this time, you can buy a Vysk privacy case for the iPhone 5/5s. Unfortunately, the iPhone 6 version of this case is not available yet. It is “coming soon,” according to the Vysk website.
This case offers a rechargeable 2,200 mAh lithium-ion battery, use of a special encrypted texting app, a unique camera shutter, and the ability to protect photos and videos in an encrypted, password-protected gallery. These privacy features are pretty awesome, and there are plenty of iPhone 6 owners who are eagerly awaiting a version of this case that will fit their phone. This is definitely a brand to watch.
Price: Unknown, likely starting around $99.99 for iPhone 6 version