GoPro’s rugged line of action cameras are a great way to record all of your most epic outdoor adventures. If you need to keep your hands free, a GoPro mount will let you capture all the action while allowing your hands to grip your handle bars, kayak paddle, or ski poles. You could opt for a money-saving GoPro mount bundle that includes multiple mount options. However, some people may prefer to cherry pick only the mounts they will actually use on a regular basis. If you’re looking for the best single-purpose and multi-purpose mounts for GoPro cameras, read on to see our top picks. Our list includes both official GoPro accessories, as well as select third party accessories.
1. GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip
This headstrap mount can be worn over your helmet while skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing, or cycling. This enables you to take POV footage of your most epic rides, tricks, or explorations. You can wear the mount over your bare head, over a helmet, or over a hat. The Quick Clip part of the mount is designed to be low-profile, and lets you mount the camera to a backwards ball cap, or other objects that are between 3mm and 10mm thick.
Price: $13.19 (34 percent off MSRP)
- Compatible with all GoPro Cameras including HERO, HERO3: White Edition, HERO 3+: Black Edition, HERO3+: Silver Edition, HERO4 Silver, & HERO4 Black
- Keeps your hands free while recording
- The Head Strap and Quick Clip are recommended for use during non-impact activities only
- Standard locking clip better for underwater activities
- Doesn’t take super-stable footage
- Some users have reported fit is a bit loose
2. GoPro Fetch Dog Harness
If all of your outdoor expeditions involve a furry friend, then this dog-friendly GoPro mount is a great accessory. The harness has two possible camera mount positions, and can fit dogs weighing between 10 and 120 pounds. If you have two GoPro cameras, you can wear one while your dog wears the other. The mount can be washed in a washing machine, or hand washed.
- Fits most dogs
- Two camera mount positions to choose from
- Can be machine-washed
- Creates footage with a unique perspective
- One size fits all, may not fit very small or very large dogs
- Footage may be stutter-y
- Not ideal for dogs that hate heavy harnesses
- Extremely limited applications
3. MyGo GoPro Mouth Mount
Want to take your GoPro underwater? This unusual mount is placed in the mouth when you submerge. It has both a scuba-style mouthpiece and bite supports. If you want a mouthpiece to use while surfing or engaging in other water sports, this mouth mount is a smart buy. You’ll definitely get a lot of use out of it during the summer, or when you take beach vacations later in the year.
- Ergonomic design, includes air channel
- Includes neck lanyard
- Dropdown design minimizes strain
- Bite support helps to make footage more stable
- Some users have reported rubber wearing down after minimal use
- Floaty back sold separately
4. GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras
Chest mounts are highly stable, comfortable, and suited to a wide variety of sports and outdoor activities. GoPro argues that footage taken from the chest harness feels more immersive than head cam footage. Chest mounts are also a nice way to capture footage where you want a view of what your hands are doing. The chest mount is adjustable, and should fit people of both genders with a few adjustments. It can also be loosened to fit over bulky jackets and puffy vests.
- Works with all GoPro cameras (except Digital HERO 5 Wrist Camera)
- Fits both genders
- Will fit over most thick jackets
- May not perfectly fit people with very large frames
- May not be ideal for those wishing to avoid low angle shots
- Can pick up more wind noise than other mounts
- Requires you to turn whole body to change the angle of your shot
5. GoPro Handlebar Seatpost Mount
Compatible with all GoPro quick-release cameras, this cool mount can work on a variety of bikes. Some people have even experimented with using these types of mounts on paintball guns or ski poles. Multiple users have reported issues with loose screws or breaks in the plastic when engaging in more intense activities. However, for those who are using their GoPro handlebar mount during more low-key activities, this mount should stand the test of time. On the plus side, this accessory is inexpensive and covered under a warranty for one year, so replacing the mount shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.
Price: $14.74 (26 percent off MSRP)
- Can attach to handlebars, seat posts, roll bars, and more
- Fits around any bar from 0.75″ to 1.4″ (1.9cm – 3.5cm) in diameter
- Only under a one-year warranty
- Some users have reported slippage
- A few users have reported outright breaks in the mount over time