The GoPro line of action cameras are all great fun to use, and we’ve even featured the GoPro line of photography gear in our guide to the best gifts for men. Women and men alike love the waterproof, rugged nature of these cameras. But even though the cameras are able to take a beating, it’s still a smart idea to protect your GoPro in transit with a padded GoPro case. Here are some of the best GoPro cases on the market.
1. AmazonBasics GoPro Carrying Case (Large)
If you’re looking for a GoPro case that’s big enough to stash two GoPro cameras, this is a great option. It’s inexpensive, but still built tough. The interior is lined with foam padding, with precise slots for your camera and all your gear. These precise cuts help minimize motion while you hike, ride, or drive to your destination. The has room for the following: two cameras plus housing, housing backdoors, two extra batteries, two LCD/Wi-Fi/battery packs, SD memory cards, a remote control, a suction-cup mount, a P.O.V. buoy/pole, and a wall/car charger.
A smaller version of the case is also available, which is ideal for those who need to pack light. The small version of the case only holds one GoPro camera, as opposed to two cameras in the large version.
Price: $15.99 (27 percent off MSRP)
- Ample storage space
- Works for GoPro Hero 1, 2, 3, 3+, and 4
- Handle for easy carrying
- Only covered by a one-year limited warranty
- Only has hand handle, no shoulder straps
- Only available in one color
2. GoPro Camera Case by Case Logic
Need a small, simple bag for a single GoPro? This is one of the most compact options out there. You can carry it by the handle, or make use of the 44-inch shoulder strap. There’s room for a few accessories, but those who own a wide array of GoPro accessories may find that this case simply can’t hold everything they want.
- Trusted brand
- Angled inner pocket for faster retrieval
- Backed by an awesome warranty
- No room for accessories
- Bag exterior could be reinforced for additional protection
3. Thule Perspektiv TPGP-101 GoPro Case
This is a nice bag for couples or families, particularly if two people have different types of cameras. If you own a GoPro, and someone else close to you owns a Contour or Sony Action cam, you can all share this bag. The bag also has room for some different mounts and housing options, plus your wall charger. A roll-top stash compartment with nine-hook closure gives you a nice balance between peace of mind and easy access to your gear.
Price: $30.34 (24 percent off MSRP)
- Crushproof padded camera compartment with divider system
- High-visibility lining material to help you easily locate small accessories in a hurry
- Power users may need more storage
- Case as a whole could be more rugged
4. CamKix Carrying Case for GoPro & Accessories (Medium)
The medium version of this case from CamKix is a nice all-rounder. There’s a mesh area for storing cards and cables, as well as padded compartments that will work with the GoPro Hero 1, 2, 3, 3+, and 4 cameras. There’s also room for the housing, housing backdoors, two batteries, a power plug, remote control, battery pack or LCD. In addition to the medium version of this bag, there are also small and extra large options to consider. This gives you flexibility when it comes to finding a case that’s the right size for your GoPro travel needs. It also comes bundled with a cleaning cloth, so you can keep your lens clear and get amazing footage.
Price: $19.99 (67 percent off MSRP)
- Ample size/storage options to choose from
- Convenient handle and caribiner loop
- Padded storage areas
- Only the extra large case has customizable foam
- There are more rugged cases available at this price point
- Open from the wrong side, and things can slip out
5. Tenba 632-441 ActionPack for GoPro
Looking for a spacious GoPro bag that has room for all your gear, extra clothes, and camping supplies? This is a nice bag for people who need lots of room for GoPro accessories, or room for both GoPro items and personal items. This bag can hold up to two GoPro cameras with ease. Rear access to the main compartment allows cameras, mounts and accessories to be swapped out without removing the bag from your body. There are also some handy storage areas for phones, tablets, or other gadgets. Made from water-repellant nylon, this bag is great for students or commuters who like to use their GoPro on the weekends.
Price: $109.95 (35 percent off MSRP)
- Water-repellant nylon
- Lots of storage space
- Waterproof body armor base panels and reinforced stitching
- External storage areas for water bottle or poles
- Bag styling may not appeal to all tastes
- Overkill for people with few accessories and only one camera
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.